- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
"What courage it took for this priest and poet to exploredepression in people of faith. Barbara Crafton writes withexquisite nakedness about the futile search for meaning in themeaninglessness of despair. Her own salvation is a beacon to thosewho believe God means them to suffer in order to understand."
—Gail Sheehy, author, Passages;Understanding Men's Passages
"Writing well about depression is not nearly as challenging assurviving the beast, but it is still a hard thing to do. Havingwritten about my own depression, I can say with some authority thatBarbara Crafton, a fellow sufferer, writes wonderfully well on thisdifficult topic.... This book offers truth about the devastatingdarkness of this disease and about the hope that makes it possibleto find one's way back to the light. Barbara Crafton offers up hertruth with humor and gritty stories as well as candor and care....May the many who suffer?and those who care for them, read thisbook, shed the shame, and find the new life that awaits them on theother side."
—Parker J. Palmer, author, A Hidden Wholeness,Let Your Life Speak, and The Courage to Teach
"Having known the tension of faith and depression in her ownlife, Barbara Crafton offers us wisdom that comes from years ofreflection, of faithful practice, of knowing 'dark is not dark toyou, O Lord.' (Psalms 139:11) She has no truck with pablumChristianity; she knows that faith that does not meet our darkestdays is no faith at all?. Crafton offers sound insight and speaksthe truth in love, offering hope and acceptance to those of us whostruggle with depression."
—Mary C. Earle, author, Broken Body, HealingSpirit: Lectio Divina and Living with Illness and BeginningAgain: Benedictine Wisdom for Living with Illness
–Library Journal (March 2009) Starred Review
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Depression
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Depression
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues