- Media Type▼▲
- Philosophical Branches▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2009
In this revised and expanded best seller, Rogers argues for equal rights in both the church and society for lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transgendered people. He describes how he moved away from opposition to support, charts the church's history of using biblical passages to oppress marginalized groups, argues for a Christ-centered reading of Scripture, debunks stereotypes about gays and lesbians, and explores texts used most frequently against homosexuals and gay ordination.
In this newly revised edition, he maps the recent progress of major U.S. denominations toward full equality for LGBT persons, adds a new chapter that examines how Scripture is best interpreted by Jesus' redemptive life and ministry, and updates his own efforts and experiences. The book also includes a guide for group study or personal reflection.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Sexual Ethics >> Homosexuality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Moral Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Sexual Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Ethics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Ethics