Add To Cart
or checkout with
|Title: Jesus and the Remains of His Day: Studies in Jesus and the Evidence of Material Culture|
By: Craig A. Evans
Number of Pages: 328
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2015
|Dimensions: 9.0 X 6.0 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 9 ounces
Stock No: WW707054
This book is a collection of thirteen articles on various aspects of how archaeological evidence enlightens our understanding of the life and death of Jesus and the culture in which he lived. Nine of the books thirteen essays were published previously, though several of these have been revised or augmented for inclusion in the present book; four of the books essays are new. Several of the essays deal with the death of Jesus and the burial practices of his day.
Articles in the book include:
- A Fishing Boat, a House, and an Ossuary: What Can We Learn from the Artifacts
- A Tale of Two Cities: What We Have Learned from Bethsaida and Magdala
- Jewish Scripture and the Literacy of Jesus
- Jesus, Healer and Exorcist
- Hanging and Crucifixion in Second Temple Israel
- Excavating Caiaphas, Pilate, and Simon of Cyrene: Assessing the Literary and Archaeological Evidence
- The Family Buried Together Stays Together
- Post-Mortem Beliefs in Jewish and Pagan Epitaphs
The books introduction explains the value of material culture (i.e., archaeological evidence) for interpreting Jesus and the Gospels and discusses the limits of such evidence. Also, the author is including several of his own photos in this book.
We noticed that you are using one of our CBD catalogs to do your shopping at Christianbook.com today. Our catalog prices are some of the lowest around, but for this product, we're offering a limited time offer which makes its price even lower!
This special inventory-reduction sale price is available for a limited time only. This item may revert back to its regular CBD price at any time, so don't delay -once this price is gone, it's gone!
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.