- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2014
Jesus never said that following him would be easy.
Weve read the words countless times: Love your enemies, You cannot serve both God and money, Take up your cross and follow me. Theoretically we believe them. But do we engage what Jesus says in a way that prompts action?
The truth we avoid talking about is that being a follower of Jesus is terribly inconvenienta pain in the neck at timesbecause it cuts across so many of our natural desires. But there is an even greater danger in avoiding what Jesus says. If we harden our hearts to the teachings of Jesus, we will never find true happiness.
In this powerful new book, author Steve Timmis calls all believers to consider ten sayings of Jesus that reveal where our affections lie. He reminds us that Christians are called to abandon, not cherish, the ways of the world and reject, not pursue, the things that afford us status, prestige, and pleasure.
As followers of Jesus we must grapple with what it means to follow him, and accept his verdict on what constitutes the good lifeno matter how counter-cultural it may seem. Doing so will powerfully reorient our hearts.
Steve Timmis is the founder of The Crowded House, a church planting network, and co-founder and Director of The Porterbrook Network, an initiative that trains church planters. He is also the Director of Acts 29 Europe. He is the author of Gospel-Centered Leadership and co-author of Total Church and Everyday Church. Steve is a board-member of the Biblical Counseling Coalition.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality