- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Series: Ancient Context Ancient Faith
Christian readers of the New Testament study the great stories about Jesus through the lens of western culture. In this series of books, Gary Burge uses his extensive knowledge of the first century world and the Middle East to offer insights not available to the average person. Each book will develop important cultural themes and wrap them around well-known New Testament passages. And the result will be insights rarely gained elsewhere. Observe how Jesus celebrated the great festivals of Judaism. In each of the six accounts, you will explore the Jewish festival as it was celebrated in the first century and then examine how Jesus used the imagery of the festival to unveil his own mission. Explore the Jewish Sabbath, Passover, Tabernacles, and Hanukkah as Jesus knew them.
Gary M. Burge (PhD, King's College, Aberdeen University) is visiting professor of New Testament at Calvin Theological Seminary. Gary has authored a number of books, including Who Are Gods People in the Middle East? What Christians Are Not Being Told About Israel and the Palestinians; John and Letters of John in the NIV Application Commentary series; The New Testament in Antiquity (coauthored with Gene Green); and the first three volumes in the Ancient Context, Ancient Faith series: The Bible and the Land, Jesus, the Middle Eastern Storyteller, and Encounters with Jesus. Gary specializes in the Middle East, its churches, and its history in the Hellenistic period.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> NT Socio-Historical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> NT Socio-Historical Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies