Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 544
Vendor: Paulist Press
Publication Date: 1990
|Dimensions: 6 X 9 (inches)|
Series: Classics of Western Spirituality
In one series, the original writings of the universally acknowledged teachers of the Catholic, Protestant, Eastern Orthodox, Jewish, Islamic and Native American traditions have been critically selected, translated and introduced by internationally recognized scholars and spiritual leaders.
The texts are first-rate, and the introductions are informative and reliable. The books will be a welcome addition to the bookshelf of every literate religious persons". -- The Christian Century
RebelGal5 Stars Out Of 5What a lovely contribution to Christian literatureMarch 1, 2012RebelGalQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I could not disagree more with the one reviewer on this book. Jeremy Taylor does an eloquent job of navigating the tension between Catholics and Protestants during an incredibly divisive time in the history of Christianity. Yes, he uses Greek texts. Yes, he uses Roman Catholic (which IS Christian) texts. Yes, he uses other Reformers.
Dude, get over it. Re-read his prayers and liturgies. You will find no end of joy!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Puritanism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Spiritual/Mystical Writings
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Catholic >> Spirituality