- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: HarperPerennial Classics
Publication Date: 2013
Originally published in 1847, Jane Eyre is Charlotte Bronte’s passionate love story between impoverished Jane and her employer, the rich yet conflicted Edward Rochester. Published under the pseudonym Currer Bell, Jane Eyre is widely considered to be ahead of its time, portraying its heroine as intelligent, passionate, and individualistic, yet also adhering to the strict morals of the time. From the beginning of her life Jane Eyre wishes for more, taking it upon herself to rise above her circumstances to become educated and secure employment as governess to the Mlle. Adèle. She falls deeply in love with Edward Rochester unaware that he, and the Thornfield estate, hold secrets that threaten her happiness.
Taking its characters to the brink of heartbreak and back, Jane Eyre is an epic romance for the ages. A literary classic, the epic love story between Jane and Mr. Rochester continues to resonate and inspire readers more than a century after its original publication.
HarperPerennialClassics brings great works of literature to life in digital format, upholding the highest standards in ebook production and celebrating reading in all its forms. Look for more titles in the HarperPerennial Classics collection to build your digital library.
Charlotte Brontë, born in 1816, was an English novelist and poet, the eldest of the three Brontë sisters, and one of the nineteenth century's greatest novelists. She is the author of Villette, The Professor, several collections of poetry, and Jane Eyre, one of English literature's most beloved classics. She died in 1855.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction >> British
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Fiction >> Literature >> British
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool
- Download >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Fiction >> Classic Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Supplemental
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download