- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2012
Its been two centuries since Jane Austen penned Pride & Prejudice and her many other classic novels, yet her adroit observations on the social landscape and profound insights into human nature are as relevant now as they were in her time. If only those of us in need of some good advice today had the opportunity to sit down and tap even a few drops from Austens great reservoirs of wisdom. Well, now we do. . . .
In Miss Jane Austens Guide to Modern Lifes Dilemmas, Rebecca Smith channels her great-great-great-great-great aunts senseand, of course, her sensibilityto help readers navigate their most pressing problems. Drawing on Austens novels, letters, and unpublished writings, Smith supplies readers with wise and wonderful counsel for living well in the 21st century. From instruction on how to gracefully "unfriend" someone on Facebook to answers for such timeless questions as "Can a man ever really change?" this book enables readers to nimbly navigate lifes most tricky terrain with the good sense, good manners, and abundant humor that are the mark of any great Austen heroine.
Sensible, savvy, and funny, Miss Jane Austens Guide to Modern Lifes Dilemmas cleverly answers every Austen fans most earnest question: What would Jane do?
Replete with lovely Austen-inspired color illustrations, as well as quotes from Austens various novels to support the advice given, this book is the ideal gift for the Jane Austen fanatic in your life.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Esteem
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Personal Life >> Self-Improvement
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Character & Social Skills
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> Homeschool >> Electives
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Electives
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Homeschool >> Electives >> Character & Social Skills >> Etiquette & Manners
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download