Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Do our lives truly show that we are people of faith? Are our actions, words, priorities, and attitudes those of a life set apart as a child of God? Every Christian struggles in these areas. But, if we're willing to roll up our sleeves and get real with God, the book of James gives the prescription for something different - something more - a life of genuine, fulfilling faith. Here we find that God calls His children out of a life of complacency and mediocrity into an adventure where we live out all that we claim to believe. Faith in Christ is not something to simply talk about; it is to be modeled in every aspect of life.
Number of Pages: 194
Vendor: Life Sentence Publishing
Publication Date: 2014
|Dimensions: 11.02 X 8.5 X 0.41 (inches)|
Understanding Purpose, Women of Faith Bible StudiesCarolyn Custis JamesThomas Nelson / 2006 / Trade Paperback$5.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$9.99Save 40% ($4.00)
Growing in Wisdom & Faith: James, A Woman After God's Own Heart SeriesElizabeth GeorgeHarvest House Publishers / 2001 / Trade Paperback$6.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 12 Reviews
$9.99Save 30% ($3.00)
About the Study▼▲
Within these life-changing, 6-week studies, Angie Smith and Dave Vitt uniquely present the powerful pages of James in language that can be easily understood and applied as we face suffering, temptation, guilt, favoritism, conflict, gossip, fear, doubt, and much more.
- Week One - Trials will undoubtedly be a part of this human life, but we haven't been asked to walk them alone or without reason. If we are willing to respond to our trials in the light of eternity, God will use them and us in ways we could never imagine - our endurance will not be in vain.
- Week Two - It's time to get real with ourselves and examine the heart for its true content. When we completely surrender ourselves to the Lord, He is able to take a tarnished life and fashion it into something of infinite value - an actively-passionate life for the God we were created to glorify!
- Week Three - Partiality has no place in Christ's church, and therefore should have no place in the Christian life. Understanding the undeserved and lavish love of God will inspire us to extend that love to others, producing action from our sincere faith.
- Week Four - The tongue is a nearly unstoppable beast that reveals the true status of the heart. Yet, words selected through the filter of Scripture have the ability to exemplify strength under control and can exude powerful wisdom in the gentlest of ways, promoting peace and love.
- Week Five - Even as children of God, we continue to struggle with sin. But, when we allow our Heavenly Father to rearrange our priorities, alter our perspective, and mold us into the creation that He desires, we can see ourselves and others through the light of His grace rather than the lies of the enemy.
- Week Six - This road we walk can be wearying and burdensome, but our Lord hears our every cry. While we wait for the day of His coming, we are called to a life of integrity, grace, and powerful prayer.
Author: Angie K. Smith
Located in: Harrisonville, MO
Submitted: August 05, 2014
What was your motivation behind this project? My hope is to write Bible studies that go farther, dig deeper, and inspire readers to reach greater levels of understanding in Gods Word. The book of James is full of practical, everyday application for the Christian learner; yet many areas of this book have often been misunderstood and even glossed over. I want to guide readers into a greater understanding of the deep values and exhortations found in this portion of Scripture in order to facilitate their pursuit of being transformed by the renewing of their minds in Christ Jesus (Romans 12:2).
What do you hope folks will gain from this project? These studies uniquely present the powerful pages of James in language that can be easily understood and applied as we face suffering, temptation, guilt, favoritism, conflict, gossip, fear, doubt, and much more. DISCOVER: How we view trials and respond to them determines what God can do in, and through us. Our faith must be sincere and active, or it will be found dormant and useless. Partiality has no place in Christs church, and therefore should have no place in the Christian life. The tongue reveals what is in the heart it can be a source of conflict and strife, or peace and gentle wisdom. GROW: Your perspective on trials, suffering, and temptation will be challenged. You will begin to view all you do, say, and believe through the lens of Scripture, versus tradition or opinion. You will be encouraged to see yourself and others through the light of Gods grace rather than the lies of the enemy. You will be inspired to live an actively-passionate life for the God you were created to glorify!
Anything else you'd like readers / listeners to know: Our desire is to write more than just another womens Bible study. We believe there needs to be an opportunity for women and men in Bible study groups, churches, or families to unite by studying the same areas of Scripture at the same time allowing them to discuss what they are learning together and encourage each other as they simultaneously grow. We also see the value in studies that reach the specific needs, emotions, and characteristic of each gender. That being the case, we have created corresponding versions of James Living a Life of Faith for both women and men. While the illustrations and questions are unique to each gender, much of the material and all of the theology in each study are identical, allowing men and women to study in separate groups or together. The options for how individuals or groups may use these studies are virtually limitless!