- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Academic
Publication Date: 2009
Series: New American Commentary
The New American Commentary series is an exceptionally acclaimed resource for ministers and Bible students who want to understand and expound the Scriptures. Notable features in each volume include:
• Commentary based on the New International Version (NIV).
• NIV text printed in the body of the commentary.
• Sound scholarly methodology reflecting capable research in the
• Interpretation emphasizing the theological unity of each book and Scripture as a whole.
• Readable and applicable exposition.
Gary V. Smith’s second volume on Isaiah looks deeply and in wonder at the God who is both intimate and compassionate (Isaiah 40:28: “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak”) and larger than our comprehension of time and space (Isaiah 66:1: “Heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool”).
Gary V. Smith is professor of Christian studies at Union University in Jackson, Tennessee, where he teaches Hebrew and Old Testament courses. He has also authored several previous commentaries and worked on four Bible translation teams. Smith holds degrees from Wheaton College (B.A.), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (M.A.), and Dropsie College (Ph.D.).