Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Spring Cyber Sale
- Streaming Video
- Student & Teens
- Sunday School
Paul Barnett is a teaching fellow at Regent College, Vancouver, and a visiting fellow in ancient history at Macquarie University in Australia. He was the Anglican bishop of North Sydney from 1990 to 2001, and is the author of Jesus & the Rise of Early Christianity.
Number of Pages: 221
Vendor: InterVarsity Press
Publication Date: 2005
|Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.5 (inches)|
The Historical Reliability of the Gospels, Second EditionCraig L. BlombergInterVarsity Press / 2008 / Trade Paperback$15.49 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$27.00Save 43% ($11.51)
The Second Epistle to the Corinthians: New International Commentary on the New Testament [NICNT]Paul BarnettWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 1997 / Hardcover$39.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$60.00Save 33% ($20.01)
Jesus & the Rise of Early Christianity: A History of New Testament TimesPaul BarnettInterVarsity Press / 2002 / Trade Paperback$17.49 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$28.00Save 38% ($10.51)
Finding the Historical Christ: After Jesus (Volume 3)Paul BarnettWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2009 / Trade Paperback$17.99 Retail:
$24.00Save 25% ($6.01)
- How close in time are the New Testament documents to the life of Jesus?
- Why should we believe the writings of "biased" early Christians?
- Were any of the writers of the New Testament books eyewitnesses to the events it records?
- How can we know that what was originally written has not been altered through the centuries?
"It is good news that Dr. Barnett's book is available. He shows how perfectly the account of Jesus and his followers fits into history."
RICHARD HOLTClovis, NMAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Very HelpfulAugust 2, 2014RICHARD HOLTClovis, NMAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Barnett is a well-known and highly respected New Testament scholar. I found this book to be very helpful. He defends the New Testament's reliability by presenting relevant evidence and by comparing it with the evidence from other ancient writings. He shows that the New Testament evidence far exceeds the criteria that scholars use in determining the reliability of other works. Yet, in many cases, literature with less and weaker supporting evidence, is held in high regard while the reliability of the New Testament continues to be disputed. I found his argument to be largely persuasive.
roblesedManati P.R.Age: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Exelent purchase!June 20, 2011roblesedManati P.R.Age: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4Exelent proof for new converts and lay persons that are interested in church history.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Gospel Studies >> Exegetical/Theological Studies >> Miracles
- Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Gospel Studies >> Exegetical/Theological Studies >> Miracles
- Books >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers