- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: InterVarsity Press
Publication Date: 2012
For some, it's uniquely and divinely inspired, and thus the only authoritative source of truth. For others, it's a quaint relic from a bygone era that offers personal comfort to some but little more to anyone else. For still others, the Bible is a tool of sexist oppression, or a reactionary account of a violent God, or an arrogant detractor of other holy books, or even an indecipherable mess.
But the Bible has withstood such criticism over the centuries, and as Amy Orr-Ewing shows, it bears surprising relevance to this generation. Facing contemporary critics square-on, with refreshing honesty and wit, Is the Bible Intolerant? will help you understand the Bible and the world it inhabits today. Bring your questions about the Bible, read with an open mind, and discover for yourself just how relevant--But how good--the Good Book can be.
"I came to faith as a student at the university. The two central pieces of my conversion to Christ were experiencing God's love through community and seeing God's truth in my personal study of the Bible. Amy Orr-Ewing does a masterful job in serving believers and unbelievers alike, clearly answering the questions that many have as they first begin to seek after God's kingdom. This excellent book spoke to my heart and mind, and I will certainly utilize this resource in my evangelism training ministry and with my unbelieving friends!"
"Amy Orr-Ewing is emerging as one of the finest young Christian communicators of our day. This excellent book confronts ten difficult questions about the Bible with honesty and conviction. It will be invaluable to anyone wrestling with these questions, or trying to help others who wrestle with them."
"This superb book tackles ten difficult questions about the Bible with honesty, integrity and conviction. It will be invaluable to anyone grappling with these questions."
"Brilliant! Tough questions deserve clear and convincing answers. This is state-of-the-art apologetics that needs no apology. Amy's fascinating, wise and informative comments impressively counter much of the superficial and frequently unchallenged debunking of the Bible that we meet everywhere today (e.g., in lightweight journalism, TV documentaries and blockbuster novels like The Da Vinci Code). A must-read for every armchair critic, historian and philosopher. User-friendly and great fun too!"
JLSMKSAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Absolutely a Must ReadMay 3, 2013JLSMKSAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book is one of the most important books I have read in the last 20 years. So very important in this particular time in our history. We need real answers for people about current events and the place of the Bible in our lives at this time or any time.
jeffreycAdvance, NCAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Amy Orr is an excellent writer; style & researchApril 13, 2011jeffreycAdvance, NCAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5a very exceptional book, provovative in scope, and unapologetic in Amy's approach and core beliefs.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Sexual Ethics >> Homosexuality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics >> Sexual Ethics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Scripture
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Challenging Topics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology