- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
We are called to drop the baggage that is slowing us down and to run after Christ. When we are "running to Jesus, not from him, [then] we find the life we were created to live" (p. 14). The Invitation is effortlessly paced and easy to follow. Greg Sidders, a former journalist, is now a pastor at White Pine Community Church in Cumberland, Maine. He brings his prose from journalism and his theology from seminary for a perfect marriage of artistry and truth.
One of the stories Sidders shares in The Invitation is when he was at a ropes course. After climbing a tall wooden pole, he was supposed to jump to a rope hanging about ten feet away. Although he was harnessed, he felt terrified. "If I said I believed in the rope but opted out of the jump, would my faith in the rope be genuine?" (p. 27). It is not enough to believe the rope is sturdy, you must believe it enough to take a leap of faith. The Invitation is a wonderful book, written for Christians regardless of their spiritual maturity. It challenges readers to take a leap of faith and not be satisfied to remain pre-leap Christians. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking a deeper relationship with God. Ben Schmitt, www.ChristianBookPreviews.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Lessons from Scripture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality