Add To Cart
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Morehouse Publishing
Publication Date: 2002
This classic introduction to theology from an Anglican perspective has been completely revised and updated for this third edition. Organized around the topics of systematic theology, Introduction to Theology begins with an exploration of Scripture, then moves through history and tradition to contemporary debates and reconstructions. As a textbook for introductory courses in seminaries of the Episcopal Church, this book also includes references to The Book of Common Prayer, which Anglicans consider a primary source for theology. This new edition pays detailed attention to the many developments in theology since its last revision twenty years ago: the emergence of new perspectives such as womanist, mujerista, narrative, and post-modern theology; the shift in theological methods to incorporate the human sciences, recent critical philosophies, and recent developments in the physical sciences; the ongoing revisions of The Book of Common Prayer and resultant shifts in Anglican identity; and the globalization of theological education, specifically the focus on the Episcopal Church as part of the worldwide Anglican Communion. Owen C. Thomas was Professor of Theology at Episcopal Divinity School from 1952-1993, and is current adjunct faculty at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, California. Ellen K.Wondra is Associate Professor of Theological Studies and subdean for the Rochester Campus for the Bexley Hall Theological Seminary.
Be the first to write a review!
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Theology Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Anglican Theology
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> General Theology >> Theology Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> General Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions