Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Number of Pages: 308
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2007
|Dimensions: 9 1/4 X 6 1/4 X 7/8 (inches)|
Series: Moody Introduction to the OT
An Introduction to the Old Testament Historical BooksDavid HowardMoody Publishers / 2007 / Hardcover$24.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$34.99Save 29% ($10.00)
The Fear of the Lord Is Wisdom: A Theological Introduction to Wisdom in IsraelTremper Longman IIIBaker Academic / 2017 / Hardcover$25.99 Retail:
$32.99Save 21% ($7.00)
The poetic books of the Old TestamentJob, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and the Song of Solomonare often called humankind's reach toward God. The other books of the Old Testament picture God's reach toward man through the redemptive story. Yet these five books reveal the very heart of men and women struggling with monumental issues such as suffering, sin, forgiveness, joy, worship, and the passionate love between a man and woman.
C. Hassell Bullock, a noted Old Testament scholar, delves deep into the hearts of the five poetic books, offering readers helpful details, like:
- Hermeneutical considerations for each book
- Theological content and themes
- Detailed analyses of each book
- Cultural perspectives.
Hebrew is a language of "intrinsic musical quality that naturally supports poetic expression," says Bullock in his introduction. That poetic expression comes from the heart of the Old Testament writers and reaches all of us exactly where we are in our own struggles and joys.
He is the author of An Introduction to the Old Testament Prophetic Books, Encountering the Book of Psalms, An Introduction to the Old Testament Prophetic Books, and An Introduction to the Old Testament Poetic Books.
Dr. Bullock resides in Wheaton, Illinois.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> Genre Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions >> OT Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Poetic/Wisdom Literature
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Genre Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> OT Introductions