Add To Cart
Introduction to Poetry: Forms and Elements Progeny Press Study Guide, Gr 8-12
Add To Cart
Poetry, in many ways, defies definition. Poetry asks us to slow down, sit still, and think. Using three short poetry anthologies, this guide examines more than 40 poems and their forms and elements.
In this Intro to Poetry Progeny Press study guide, students will learn about:
- Types of Poetry: Narrative poems, lyric poems, d ramatic poems.
- Elements of Poetry: Lines, stanzas, words, sounds, rhymes, slant rhymes, common meter, poetic feet, iambic tetrameter, iambic trimester, and analogies.
- Forms of Poetry: sonnets, octaves, sestets, couplets, v illanelles, blank verse, haikus, ballads, limericks, free verse, and more.
- Literary Techniques: denotation, connotation, diction, alliteration, assonance, onomatopoeia, and more.
- Concepts such as: praying, loving our neighbor, materialism, time, hypocrisy, grace, contentment, authority, and hope.
- Activities/Writing activities that ask students to conduct research, complete timelines, and write couplets, haikus, limericks, parodies, sonnets, ballads, and free verse.
- This guide also includes a living reading list of more poetry by the same authors.
The format is ideal for homeschoolers; the large 8.5x11 printed workbook format is convenient to read, easy on the eyes, and easy to transport from car to home. Plus, every question has plenty of whitespace for student's answers, which encourages neat and clean handwriting practice. A removable answer key is also included for the teacher.
PLEASE NOTE: the poetry books 100 Best-Loved Poems, 101 Great American Poems, and Great Short Poems are required and must be purchased separately.
|Title: Introduction to Poetry: Forms and Elements Progeny Press Study Guide, Gr 8-12|
By: Judy Cook
Number of Pages: 82
Vendor: Progeny Press
Publication Date: 2003
|Dimensions: 11.00 X 8.50 X 0.25 (inches)|
Weight: 7 ounces
Stock No: WW093679
Louise FinnWalch Education / Trade PaperbackOur Price$18.995 out of 5 stars for Your Turn: 33 Lessons in Poetry. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews
Retail Price$22.00Save 14% ($3.01)
Christine PerrinClassical Academic Press / 2009 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$18.71
Retail Price$24.95Save 25% ($6.24)
Christine PerrinClassical Academic Press / 2009 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$25.745 out of 5 stars for The Art of Poetry Teacher's Edition. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews
Retail Price$29.95Save 14% ($4.21)
Matt WhitlingCanon Press / 2012 / OtherOur Price$18.84
Retail Price$24.00Save 22% ($5.16)
Ask a Question▼▲
Q: Are the actual poems included within this study guide?
No, this is the study guide only, the poems must be obtained separately.
Find Related Products▼▲
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.