- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: IVP Academic
|Publication Date: 2014|
Michael Bird suggests that if the Paul we claim to know looks and sounds a lot like us, it's probably a warning light that we don't know him as well as we think we do. But if we let Paul be Paul, allowing him to speak for himself in his language, on his terms and for his purposes, then we stand a chance of meeting him anew.
Introducing Paul is an animated and penetrating survey of Paul's life and teaching. It covers all the basics students need, while offering new insights with a light touch. Blending life and study, Bird aims to get us excited about reading Paul's letters, sharing his gospel and living the Christian life the way he thought it should be lived. For beginning students and laypeople, Introducing Paul is a valuable entrance into the contemporary study of Paul.
Steve Duby5 Stars Out Of 5September 27, 2009Steve DubyThis is a faithful, helpful introduction to the apostle Paul, his theology, and his epistles. Bird treats a broad range of important themes, including the essential content of Paul's gospel, the dynamics of the atonement, the nature of justification, and the ethics of Paul. He writes in a clear and sometimes even humorous manner, offering up several poignant critiques of the spiritual and theological shortcomings found in contemporary evangelicalism. Not a little of my appreciation of this book stems from the fact that Bird has a way of upholding traditional perspectives on tough topics (e.g., the atonement, homosexuality) without sounding naive or harsh. If I were pressed to recommend an introductory book on Paul to a fellow believer ready to grow in their understanding of Holy Scripture in general and Paul in particular, this would probably be the first to come to mind.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies >> Pauline Introductions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> New Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Pauline Studies