Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- Major Prophets
- Minor Prophets
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Timothy
- 1 Peter
- 2 Peter
- 1 John
- 2 John
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 144
Vendor: InterVarsity Press
Publication Date: 2009
|Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.50 (inches)|
Series: Intimate Marriage
Intimate Marriage DVD: Discussion Openers for Intimate Marriage Bible StudiesDan B. Allender Ph.D., Tremper Longman IIIInterVarsity Press / 2005 / DVD$11.99 Retail:
$30.00Save 60% ($18.01)
Do you simply want to get along and be happy? Or do you desire real intimacy--the kind of relationship that will challenge you to grow as an individual and satisfy you in a much deeper way than you have imagined?
Contrary to what television and bridal magazines tell us, marriage is about much more than personal happiness. Marriage is about spiritual growth. God wants to use your marriage to shape your character and to carry out his purposes in the world through you as a couple.
The book of Genesis provides a matrix for understanding the intimate mystery of marriage in light of three commands--leave (your family of origin), weave (a life together) and cleave (through sexual intimacy). In this book, Dan Allender and Tremper Longman III explore and unpack the rich implications of this pattern.
While this paper edition can be read on its own, a couple, Bible study group or Sunday school class can enhance their understanding by making their way through the bonus six Bible study sessions included in this expanded edition. Video segments introducing each of the Bible study sessions are also available online for free video download, making this book a complete small group curriculum.
The Intimate Mystery is part of the Intimate Marriage Curriculum Kit which includes everything needed to mentor individual married couples or to lead a group discussion and makes an especially helpful resource for newlyweds or young married couples.
Vicki5 Stars Out Of 5March 3, 2008VickiRead their "Intimate Allies" book and followed it up with this one. They have grasped the bigger picture of marriage and have made it edible for anyone to digest. I highly recommend this book for anyone who sees marriage as a mystery from God and for anyone who scratches their head and wonders what God was thinking when He instituted marriage. Great information. Usable information. Hot from His Throne and ready to apply to our lives.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships >> Marriage
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships >> Marriage
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Women's Ministry
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Women's Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Women's Ministry
- Church & Pastoral >> Women's Ministry >> Bible Studies & Curriculum