This volume offers unparalleled excellence in contemporary critical scholarship. The full texts and critical notes of the NIV and NRSV are presented in parallel columns for quick reference followed by exegetical commentary informed by linguistic, text-critical, historical-critical, literary, social-scientific, and theological methods. Booklength, detailed interpretations make this a resource for your academic library.
- 2 Corinthians---J. Paul Sampley
- Galatians---Richard B. Hays
- Ephesians---Pheme Perkins
- Philippians---Morna D. Hooker
- Colossians---Andrew T. Lincoln
- 1 and 2 Thessalonians---Abraham Smith
- 1 and 2 Timothy---James D. G. Dunn
- Titus---James D. G. Dunn
- Philemon---Cain Hope Felder
New Interpreter's® Bible offers critically sound biblical interpretations for the 1990s and beyond. Guided by scholars, pastors, and laity representing diverse traditions, academic experience, and involvement in the Church, this entirely new collection of writings is specifically prepared to meet the needs of preachers, teachers, and all students of the Bible. Easy-to-use Format:
* Full texts and critical notes: NIV and NRSV
* A detailed, critical Commentary providing an exegetical "close-reading" of the biblical text
* Reflections that present a detailed exposition of issues raised in the discussion and dealt with in the Commentary Key Features:
* The entire Bible (including the Apocrypha Deuterocanonical books) in twelve volumes
* Introductions to each book that cover essential historical, sociocultural, literary, and theological issues
* An ecumenical roster of contributors
* Comprehensive, concise articles
* Numerous visual aids (illustrations, maps, charts, timelines) enhance use.
Download The NIB Vol. 11 Errata Sheet
Leander E. Keck, convener of the Editorial Board and Senior New Testament Editor, is Winkley Professor of Biblical Theology Emeritus at Yale Divinity School.