- All Products
- Last Minute Christmas
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2014
He burst upon the fusty corridors of Victorian spirituality like a breath of fresh air, regaling the prime minister with his sense of humor, and touching the lives of seven presidents.
Who was this man? A sterling philanthropist and educator, D. L. Moody was also the finest evangelist in the nineteenth centurybringing the transformative message of the gospel before 100 million people on both sides of the Atlantic in an age long before radio and television. Thousands of underprivileged young people were educated in the schools he established. Before The Civil War, he went to a place no one else would: the slums of Chicago called Little Hell. The mission he started there, in an abandoned saloon, in time drew children in the hundreds, and prompt a visit from president-elect. Abraham Lincoln in 1860.
But all this is just to begin to tell the life of D.L. Moody. Drawing on the best, most recent scholarship, D. L. Moody A Life chronicles the incredible journey of one of the great souls of history.
Mrs. CMissourlAge: 45-54Gender: Female5 Stars Out Of 5Inspirational and HistoricalJuly 1, 2014Mrs. CMissourlAge: 45-54Gender: FemaleThe life of this amazing evangelist has intrigued me since my teens. He came from a very difficult background, but after accepting Christ in his 20's, he worked tirelessly to share the Gospel message of Christ's redeeming love with the world. He was a minister to the poorest of the slums as well as presidents and heads of state. His one message was of God's redeeming power to change a soul for eternity.
This book is the product of much research, with special insight from D.L. Moody's archives as well as family member's memorabilia. The forward of this historical book was by David S. Powell, the great-grandson of D.L. Moody. If you have admired this great evangelist, or are just curious about his exciting upbringing and life, you will want to purchase a beautiful hardbound copy for your library.
This book is a historical biography, but it is also a tribute to one man, who with God's help, rose from poverty to return to educate masses through Sunday School, a Bible institute which still bears his name, world wide evangelistic crusades, and one-on-one mentoring and witnessing to all who would listen. It is also a tribute to the generational effects of the redeeming power of God through the willingness of one man to surrender his life to service for God.
As an educator, the study of this book, as literature, would be profitable to teens. As a lover of history, I believe you will enjoy the stories of D.L. Moody's connection and influence in America's history. As a follower of Jesus, this book will bless and encourage you to boldly share Jesus with all who enter your life's circle.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Missions
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions >> Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Missions
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Historical Figures
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Missionary Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction