- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Books
Publication Date: 2010
God Wants You to Be an Influencer.
From the classroom to the courtroom to the boardroom to your kid's room, Influencing Like Jesus will show you how to be significantly more persuasive. Drawing from the timeless lessons of the world's greatest influencer, Dr. Michael Zigarelli presents fifteen positive ways to open people's eyes and change their minds, even when they're highly resistant to change.
Come explore the many biblical principles of persuasion, including: Pray for Change, Know Your Audience, Connect through Similarity, Tell a Story, and Build a Coalition. You'll also learn about five key traits of a godly influencer: Be Authentic, Be Compassionate, Be Honest, Be Excellent, and Be Gentle.
Whether you're called to be an influencer at home, at work, at school, or anywhere else, you can do more than make an argument. You can make a difference!
You might be one of those folks who ask a very good question about this topic: why study influence in the first place? Let me tell you, its about so much more than getting your kids to eat their peas! God calls us to be influencers in several different realms, every day of our lives.
Did you ever consider that? God has given us a Great Commission, a mandate to make disciples, to encourage people to consider the claims of Jesus Christ, and to make a persuasive case for Christ through who we are and what we say. Thats a call to influence.
And beyond this Great Commission, God gives us a Cultural Commission, an instruction to shape our workplaces, our schools, our public policies, our media and our entire society in ways that please him. Theres nothing less than a cultural war going on out therea battle for our hearts and minds, and for the hearts and minds of our childrenand God doesnt want us Christians on the sidelines in that battle. He wants us on the frontlines and, frankly, He wants us to win those battles. Thats a call to influence.
And even beyond the Great Commission and the Cultural Commission, God gives us a Domestic Commission to train up our kids in the way they should goto teach them to love God and neighborand to be salt and light to our spouses and to others in our household, gently but effectively shepherding them ever closer to God. Thats a call to influence.
You see, God gives us opportunities all around us every day to influence people and circumstances. Whether youre a concerned citizen writing a letter to the editor, or a pastor stepping into the pulpit, or a teacher instructing your class, or a stay-at-home mom shaping your childrens worldview, or a manager trying to grow your organization or lead your people Gods way, or an activist trying to convince your legislature to change a law, or an evangelistically-minded believer encouraging someone to consider seriously the claims of Jesus Christ, or even if youre just a dad trying to get your kids to eat their peas, influence opportunities abound every day. Thanks be to God that he hasnt left us on our own to figure out how to do this stuff! Hes revealed to us in scripture a plethora of influence principles, and he gives us his Holy Spirit to empower us to do it successfully.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational >> Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational >> Other
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Making Disciples
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Leadership Development
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Leadership/Motivational