Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Vendor: Bloomsbury USA
Publication Date: 2015
In God's Hands is the 2015 Archbishop of Canterbury's Lent Book. It is a meditation on the infinite love of God and the infinite value of the human individual. Not only are we in God's hands, says Desmond Tutu, our names are engraved on the palms of God's hands. Throughout an often turbulent life, Archbishop Tutu has fought for justice and against oppression and prejudice. As we learn in this book, what has driven him forward is an unshakeable belief that human beings are created in the image of God and are infinitely valuable. Each one of us is a God-carrier, a tabernacle, a sanctuary of the Divine Trinity. God loves us not because we are loveable but because he first loved us. And this turns our values upside down. In this sense, the Gospel is the most radical thing imaginable.
It is extremely moving that in this book Archbishop Tutu returns to something so simple and so profound after a life in which he has been involved in political, social, and ethical issues that have seemed to be so very complex.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Reconciliation/Forgiveness
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Forgiveness
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living
- Last Chance Bargains >> Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth