- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Dave Ferguson is a spiritual entrepreneur and the lead pastor of Community Christian Church, an innovative multi-site missional church with eleven locations in Chicago. Dave is the movement leader for NewThing, an international network of reproducing churches. He is also the coauthor of The Big Idea. Check out the latest from Dave on his blog (www.daveferguson.org) or follow his everyday adventures on twitter @daveferguson.Jon Ferguson is the cofounding pastor of Community Christian Church - a multi-site church in the Chicago Metro Area. He serves as teaching pastor and leads the Strategic Team of staff champions for adult, student, childrens, and creative arts ministries across all CCC locations. Jon is the cofounder and movement architect of NewThing, whose mission is "to be a catalyst for a movement of reproducing churches." He also serves on the boards of the Exponential Network and Stadia East and is an adjunct professor at Wheaton College Graduate School in the Evangelism and Leadership Department. Jon previously coauthored The Big Idea with Dave.
Eric Bramlett is the Creative Arts Director for Community Christian Church in Naperville, IL, and has been since 1996. Erics background is in the professional theatre, with degrees in acting and directing. CCC represents Erics first ministry experience, and he hopes to be at CCC for a long, long time. He is responsible for overseeing all large-group experiences from intensive artistic vision through production, and anything else he can think of overseeing. Eric has continued to be involved in the Chicago Theatre scene, most notably as an Artistic Associate for Porchlight Music Theatre Chicago, a theatre company he has been involved with since its inception in 1995. Eric loves his wife Kristi and their three kids, Sadie, Dillon and Anna.
Andrea Schultz5 Stars Out Of 5February 11, 2010Andrea SchultzThe Big Idea is a result of the observation of the team members of the Community Christian Church in Chicago that people are overloaded with so many little ideas that they are too confused and overloaded to implement the Big Idea. They endeavored to implement with the Holy Spirit's leading a plan that would make their church and their weekend services more effective for Gods Kingdom. Chapter 1's title is provocative No More Christians! They share the statistic that 85% of US residents call themselves Christians. Yet their actions are no different than the other 15%. Real change is expected when people are truly following Jesus. Dave explains the difference:I am a Christ follower. I follow Jesus step by step as his Spirit moves me in his community called the church. When Jesus steps, I follow. When Jesus speeds up, I increase my pace. When Jesus slows down, I slow down too. The direction, the speed, and the ultimate destination of my life are determined by keeping in step with Jesus Spirit. Simple. Clear. Not Easy! (p. 29)The purpose of this book is to present a church model the Big Idea - that employs synergy, teamwork, and, most importantly, the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit. The purpose is to pass along to people the tools that they need to live out the truths of scripture and to accomplish Jesus mission.I was so pleased to see the emphasis on Gods leading and the Holys Spirits direction. So many churches seem to be run by charismatic pastors who have large egos and chart their own course - and build a church that is man-made, with God being an afterthought. I found this books approach to be very creative, innovative, and inspirational. The I appreciated the heart for the lost that is very evident in the team members of this wonderful church. This book was provided to me by Dave Ferguson for review purposes.Reviewed by Andrea Schultz Ponderings by Andrea http://andrealschultz.blogspot.com
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Church Growth >> Evangelism
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership