- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Chalice Press
Publication Date: 2011
Though the emergent church was once viewed as a fringe movement with little to offer established congregations, it is now seen as one of the central driving forces shaping the future of postmodern Christianity in North America. As an increasing number of mainline communities wonder how the emergent church influences their own structures and practices, this book brings together the perspectives of several of the most prominent "Hyphenated Christians," i.e. those with one foot in the emergent conversation and the other foot in the mainline church - Presbymergents, Anglimergents, Luthermergents, Methomergents, etc.
With a passion for both mainline traditions and the emergent conversation, "Hyphenateds" offer a vibrant and contagious vision of the ways in which the church might undergo the transformation necessary to faithfully embody the love of Christ in the midst of an ever-changing postmodern world.
The contributors of this book offer wisdom from a variety of contexts and The Hypenateds reflects the changing dynamics currently taking place in the emergent conversation.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Emerging Church
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Culture
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Culture
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions