- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Series: My First I Can Read!
A Lesson in Recognizing Gifts from God.
Emma pretends Howie is Mrs. Brown and invites him to her tea party. Howie, I mean Mrs. Brown, sees all the cookies. Yum! Emma is about to discover what little puppies think about tea parties!
This My First I Can Read! book, with basic language, word repetition, and great illustrations, is perfect for shared reading with a child. It aligns with guided reading level J and will be of interest to children Pre-K to 3rd grade.
Kristina5 Stars Out Of 5Sweet, Funny, and FunSeptember 3, 2012KristinaQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5In Howie's Tea Party, a "My First I Can Read!" book, a little girl is throwing a pretend tea party. All she wants if for her puppy, Howie, to play the role of Mrs. Brown. But Howie looks confused when the girl puts a hat and boa on him, and he'd rather play under the table than sit properly in a chair. He licks the cookies and spills the tea, and generally exasperates the little girl until she cries, "Howie, come here. You must do as I say. I mean, Mrs. Brown, please take your seat!"
But when the girl tells the puppy he's ruined the party, he looks so sad, the she stops to think a moment. "God made you to run and play. That's what puppies do. God made you just as you are. I'm glad you're my Howie, and not Mrs. Brown," she says.
What I Like: This story made my first grader laugh, and the text, by Sara Henderson, is easy enough for a child who has mastered phonic storybooks and is beginning to learn sight words. Aaron Zenz's illustrations are cute and attractive. And besides all that, this book offers an important biblical moral.
What I Dislike: Nothing.
Overall Rating: Excellent.
Kristina Seleshanko, Christian Children's Book Review
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Leveled Readers >> Beginning Readers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Children >> Leveled Readers
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Language Arts
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Children >> Leveled Readers
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Phonics & Reading >> Beginner Readers
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Leveled Readers >> Beginning Readers
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.