BROWSE for Missions, Evangelism, & Apologetics
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
* This product is available for shipment only to the USA.
* This product is not available for expedited shipping.
How does one experience God in worship? Chapman believes worship should not be treated as a spectator sport, but rather as a divine vocation, a "holy work" that summon the energies of all who are present. Too often today's worshipers expect to be entertained by God, and the moment for divine communion is transformed into something like a theme park attraction. This highly practical book teaches worhsip participants how to go about experiencing God in worship. Chapman explores the implications of the doctrine of the priesthood of all believers. He discusses the worshiper's role in prayer, music, the reading and exposition of scripture, the offering, and the Lord's Supper. Each chapter contains a brief essay that serves as a backdrop for tasks related to the topic at hand. A list of duties follows, along with review and discussion questions. Pastors, congregational study groups, and worship committes will find this book a valuable resource.
Number of Pages: 125
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 2001
|Dimensions: 8.5 X 5.5 (inches)|
Presbyterian Questions, Presbyterian Answers: Exploring Christian FaithDonald K. McKimWestminster John Knox Press / Trade Paperback$10.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.00Save 25% ($3.51)
Building upon the idea of liturgy as the "work of the people," Dean Chapman provides a "job description" for the Sunday pew sitter, describing in clear, accessible language what each aspect of worship is, why we do it, and how to do it well.
Dean W. Chapman formerly served as Senior Pastor of Westminster Presbyterian Church in Casselberry, Florida. He is the author of The Orphan Gospel.
Be the first to write a review!
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Worship
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Worship
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Worship
- Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership
- Church & Pastoral >> Pastoral Ministry >> Pastoral Resources
- Church & Pastoral >> Worship