- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 1991
You lost your job. Your son ran away. A loved one just died from cancer. Your best friend is getting a divorce. The list is endless.
Adversity is a reality that no one can avoid. Everyone asks why when adversity strikes. Yet Dr. Stanley contends, "As much as we all want to know the answer to the why question, it is really not the most significant question. The real question each of us needs to ask is, 'How should I respond?'"
How to Handle Adversity helps you learn to
- Ask the right questions about adversity
- Become a comfort to others
- Rediscover the faithfulness of God
- Deal with pride and weakness
- Look at adversity from God's perspective
- Glorify God in your adversity
If you are a child of God whose heart's desire is to see God glorified through you, adversity will not put you down for the count. There will be those initial moments of shock and confusion. But the man or woman who has God's perspective on this life and the life to come will always emerge victorious! ?Charles Stanley
Dr. Charles Stanley is the senior pastor of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta, where he has served for more than 40 years. He is a New York Times bestselling author who has written more than 60 books, including the bestselling devotional Every Day in His Presence. Dr. Stanley is the founder of In Touch Ministries. The In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley program is transmitted throughout the world on more than 1,200 radio outlets and 130 television stations/networks, and in language projects in more than 50 languages. The award-winning In Touch devotional magazine is printed in four languages with more than 12 million copies each year. Dr. Stanleys goal is best represented by Acts 20:24: "Life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesusthe work of telling others the Good News about God's mighty kindness and love." This is because, as he says, "It is the Word of God and the work of God that changes peoples lives."
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Devotionals >> 30 Day
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality