- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
With real, inspiring stories of faith in action, How Now Shall We Live? encourages readers to present the gospel in a way that will capture the imaginations, minds and hearts of a culture that is entrenched in the lies of relativism and self-before it's too late.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Tyndale House
Publication Date: 2011
Christianity is more than a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It is also a worldview that not only answers life's basic questionsWhere did we come from, and who are we? What has gone wrong with the world? What can we do to fix it?but also shows us how we should live as a result of those answers. How Now Shall We Live? gives Christians the understanding, the confidence, and the tools to confront the world's bankrupt worldviews and to restore and redeem every aspect of contemporary culture: family, education, ethics, work, law, politics, science, art, music. This book will change every Christian who reads it. It will change the church in the new millennium.
International prison ministry leader Colson, most famous for his role in the Watergate scandal and his subsequent conversion to Christianity, has co-written with Pearcey what he believes to be the most important book of his career. Picking up where the late American theologian Francis Schaeffer's book and film series How Then Shall We Live? left off, Colson attempts to explain why American culture has become "post-Christian" and what must be done to "rebuild it with a biblical worldview." He believes that Christian salvation is not just personal but "cosmological," redeeming all of creation. Colson's work is a mixed bag. When he outlines his theology, shares personal stories or explains the various Supreme Court cases that touch upon religion's role in American life, he is thoughtful and articulate, yet the work suffers from a narrow perspective and an overdependence on the opinions of a few others, especially Schaeffer. As the author of a book that ostensibly engages recent developments in science, art and philosophy from a Christian point of view, Colson too easily dismisses opposing views without expressing a full understanding of them (Stephen Hawking's time theories amount to "little more than fantasy," for example). Such an approach to humanist ideas makes this a sermon strictly for the evangelical choir, although Colson intends the book to inspire debate in the wider culture and Tyndale is launching a $250,000 marketing campaign to sell it. (Sept.) Copyright 1999 Cahners Business Information.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
TaltonbCincinnati, OHAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Excellent book, especially if you are a ChristianNovember 5, 2012TaltonbCincinnati, OHAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I've read this book in electronic format, but had to have a hardcopy for further research and study. Will probably purchase as a gift for some Christian friends!
DickStillwater MNAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Well done!January 13, 2012DickStillwater MNAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Excellent summary of how a Christian should view the world and live out their faith. This should be mandatory reading for all people who claim to be Christians.
aperez0921Midland, TXAge: 25-34Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5This product is greatDecember 2, 2010aperez0921Midland, TXAge: 25-34Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Great information and truth a great tool to justify creation has a creator
James5 Stars Out Of 5January 29, 2010JamesThis is one of the best books I've ever read regarding Christians and culture. I believe that some who posted the bad ratings only "thumbed through" this book. I do disagree with Colson's suggestions of uniting with the Catholic church in the cultural war, but it doesn't take away from the sound teaching it offers. Christians are to live in society as followers of Christ. This book just assists in explaining the best way to do it in today's world. I've past this book on to several people, and now...years later, I'm reading it again.
Kathleen Janik4 Stars Out Of 5December 17, 2008Kathleen JanikExcellent review of the philosopy that shapes the way men think. Strong support for the Christian World View. Compelling stories and biographies of people created by God that Strive for His redemption in and of a World that seeks to go its own way.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Practical Instruction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral >> Evangelism
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Discipleship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism >> Practical Instruction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Evangelism
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational