- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Buy in Bulk
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- Mega Fall Sale
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Alvin J. Schmidt (PhD, University of Nebraska) retired in 1999 as professor of sociology at Illinois College in Jacksonville, Illinois, where he still lives. He is the author of several books, including The Great Divide: The Failure of Islam and the Triumph of the West, and served as a consulting editor for Dictionary of Cults, Sects, Religions and the Occult.
judyCanadaAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5How Christianity Changed the World...October 2, 2014judyCanadaAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5same as other reviewers...would have liked more world wide coverage but an excellent book and I bought another for a friend...so ...that is it and intend to buy other copies as gifts...good 'advertising' for those who are living in an anti Christian world..
Laura J3 Stars Out Of 5March 17, 2010Laura JAn excellent book to being with. Had some really fantastic historical examples. Felt that the more I read the book however, the more it was pertinent to America, not the world. Also felt that in some parts, the book pushed a cultural/political stance.
Shirley Tait5 Stars Out Of 5June 24, 2009Shirley TaitThis book is extremely interesting and inspiring. It will remain in my library for years to come as a wonderful reference.
Daniel Christensen4 Stars Out Of 5March 15, 2008Daniel ChristensenWith such a bold title one expects a great deal, and, although the book doesn't quite deliver to convince us of worldwide change, it ably shows how the Christian moral system has restrained the evil in societies such as the Roman Empire. This is valuable to discover and I thank the author for making this argument and doing so persuasively. One can put this thesis another way: how God has restrained evil in this world as he has shown he is in control and will carry out his will, using believers as he works.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History >> Sociology of Religion
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Non-technical
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History >> Sociology of Religion
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Theology
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Theology