- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Cyber Week
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 32
Publication Date: 2006
|Dimensions: 9.24 X 11.30 X 0.39 (inches)|
In Horses, Seymour Simon introduces elementary-school readers to horses through engaging descriptions and stunning full-color photographs. He teaches readers all about horses through pictures, diagrams, and maps. This book includes a glossary and index.
What animal can . . .
- run so fast, its feet don't always touch the ground,
- weigh more than 2,000 pounds,
- sense people's emotions by their smell,
- . . . and wear shoes?
- Why, a horse, of course!
Horses are some of the most fascinating--and important--creatures on Earth. In fact, our world would not be the way it is today if not for horses. Horses have carried medieval knights into battle, transported settlers to the American West, and hauled fire engines and buses. They even turned the wheels that provided power for factories! But one of their greatest, most enduring gifts to us is companionship and trust.
Supports the Common Core State Standards
Seymour Simon has been called “the dean of the [children’s science book] field” by the New York Times. He has written more than 300 books for young readers and has received the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Lifetime Achievement Award for his lasting contribution to children’s science literature, the Science Books & Films Key Award for Excellence in Science Books, the Empire State Award for excellence in literature for young people, and the Educational Paperback Association Jeremiah Ludington Award. He and his wife, Liz, live in Columbia County in Upstate New York. You can visit him online at www.seymoursimon.com, where students can post on the “Seymour Science Blog” and educators can download a free four-page teacher guide to accompany this book, putting it in context with Common Core objectives. Join the growing legion of @seymoursimon fans on Twitter!
Find Related Products
- Books >> Children >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Books >> Children >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Books >> Children >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Children >> Children's Books >> Educational >> Picture Books
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Animals
- Children >> Children's Books >> Picture Books >> Educational
- Homeschool >> Science >> Zoology & Animals >> Zoology Books