Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Hope for the Heart: Handling Stress Bible Study
When the stresses of life start affecting your health and relationships, you can turn to biblical principles to help you break free. Based on June Hunt’s bestselling Hope for the Heart Series, this 6-week Bible study (3rd in the series), Handling Stress, shows how to find refreshment in God’s Word. By taking a closer look at key Bible stories, you will discover which circumstances are most likely to cause stress and how to handle them.
Rose Publishing Product Code: 4125X
|Title: Hope for the Heart: Handling Stress Bible Study|
By: June Hunt
Number of Pages: 112
Vendor: Aspire Press
Publication Date: 2017
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 X 0.35 (inches)|
Weight: 8 ounces
Series: Hope for the Heart Bible Studies
Stock No: WW623963
June HuntAspire Press / 2017 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$6.994.5 out of 5 stars for Hope for the Heart: Choosing Forgiveness Bible Study. View reviews of this product. 2 Reviews Video
Retail Price$9.99Save 30% ($3.00)
June HuntAspire Press / 2017 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$6.995 out of 5 stars for Hope for the Heart: Dealing with Anger Bible Study. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews Video
Retail Price$9.99Save 30% ($3.00)
June HuntAspire Press / 2017 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$6.995 out of 5 stars for Hope for the Heart: Overcoming Depression Bible Study. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews Video
Retail Price$9.99Save 30% ($3.00)
June HuntAspire Press / 2017 / Trade PaperbackOur Price$6.995 out of 5 stars for Hope for the Heart: Finding Self-Worth in Christ Bible Study. View reviews of this product. 1 Reviews Video
Retail Price$9.99Save 30% ($3.00)
"We found the material to be sound doctrinally, focused on God as the ultimate source of handling stress, and easy to use in a small group setting." — Doug, Bible study leader
"This is a dynamic way to study the Bible. Super helpful and high quality without leaving home." — Earl, Bible study participant
"Solutions were real world applicable. Application was positive and clear and the way scripture was used to back it up to make things clearer, and how stress is used by God as a tool... Subject matter applied to all of us and was simple to understand with check lists included." — Debbie, Bible study participant
"... My favorite part of the study is the Write from the Heart sections and the Discussion/Application Questions. This made us look inside ourselves as well as question how God is using this stress for our benefit. I also enjoyed the way June or Barbara summed up the lesson and reviewed the last lesson before beginning the small group on the present lesson. I appreciated the way you used Abraham Lincoln to show us that unchecked stress can lead to deep depression but it can be overcome and we can be used by God again." — Brenda, Bible study participant
"The lesson was easy to understand. And it was easy to apply to everyday stress." — Patricia, Bible study leader
"... It had practical applications— i.e. change your thoughts. I like the scriptures used. The homework was a reasonable amount, minimal. It was easy to understand, and I liked the checklist format. I liked the discussion that it included." — Michelle, Bible study participant
"I was impressed by the obvious time and effort taken in putting this study together, and the relevance of the many scripture references noted." — Buddy, Bible study leader
"The study does a good job of blending scripture and real life experiences." — James, Bible study participant
"The info was educational,helpful, spiritual, uplifting, and scriptural!" — Linda, Bible study participant
"Very well planned, easy to complete, plenty of white space for answers and notes, font size not too small, available at a time in my life when I really needed this." — Robin, Bible study leader
"Well mapped out. Good selection of Scriptures to make the points clear. Sufficient room to write notes, thoughts, reflections, etc. Good typeface. Smooth read/study. Interesting choice of President Lincoln as example of a human dealing with great stress of his day." — Helen, Bible study participant
"This was a very timely study— advent leading up to the Christmas rush. With Pres. Lincoln as an example of a man who experienced stress of different types as well as the biblical foundation it was very well done. The c's of stress were teachable and memorable as well... great discussion starters for the small group that I led." — Catherine, Bible study leader
"After decades of counseling men and women from all walks of life, June knows how to lead readers to truthtruth that liberates because it is truth from God."—Kay Arthur, co-founder of Precept Ministries International and bestselling author
About the Author▼▲
June Hunt is a biblical counselor whose award-winning radio program "Hope for the Heart" is heard on nearly 900 radio outlets around the world. For more than 30 years, she has counseled people, offering them hope for today's problems. June has helped many people with emotional, relational, and spiritual problems experience God's love through biblical hope and practical advice.
- Biblically Solid. Features key Scripture verses as well as counseling insights to help practically apply its message to your life.
- Easy-to-use format that anyone can lead, with tips and preparation guides
- Relevant and Personal. Engaging discussion questions and journaling space for group or individual study
- Interactive. Verses to memorize and space for note-taking
- Trusted brand within churches and ministries for counseling
77% of Americans regularly experience physical symptoms caused by stress (headache, tiredness, upset stomach, muscle tension, and more), according to the American Institute of Stress (2016).
When the stresses of life start affecting your health and relationships, know you can turn to biblical principles to help you break free. Based on June Hunts bestselling Hope for the Heart Series, this 6-week Bible study shows how to find refreshment in God's Word. By taking a closer look at key Bible stories, you will discover which circumstances are most likely to cause stress and how to manage them in Handling Stress, June Hunts third of six books in the Hope for the Heart Bible Study Series.
Find refreshment in God's Word with this six-week study on handling stress by Rose Publishing. Packed with practical tips, realistic advice, and discussion questions, the 6-week Handling Stress Bible Study invites you to dive deeper into the Bible and shows you how to apply its truth to your life. Discover:
- 5 Need-to-Know Definitions of Stress
- The Root Cause of Stress
- 12 Stress-Reducing Techniques
- 8 Ways We Increase Stress (and how to stop) and more!
Unlike other Bible studies on these topics, these studies use larger print, charts, bulleted list and an easy-to-scan format, along with discussion questions and life applications for each week.
112 pages. 6"x9" Paperback. Perfect for small groups, Bible study, and individual use.
Find out how you can experience Gods peace no matter what circumstance you face with this interactive 6-week Bible study. Based on June Hunts bestselling Hope for the Heart Series (which has sold over 1 million copies), it digs deep into scripture and the lives of President Abraham Lincoln and the prophet Elijah, shedding light on the difference between helpful and destructive forms of stress. Discover how stress begins in the mind and learn how everyday choicessuch as prayer, exercise, music, and even petscan reduce stress.
3 Key Features of the Handling Stress Hope for the Heart Bible Study
- Digs into Scripture: Find out what the Bible says about stress, characteristics of stress, and more.
- Interactive and Practical: Based on the bestselling Hope for the Heart series (over 1 million copies sold), this trusted study includes reflection questions, journaling, study guide, quizzes, and practical steps you can take each day.
- Relevant and Relatable: It shares real stories and answers tough questions, such as: "How can I tell the difference between good stress and hurtful stress? How can I be free from stress when my life is naturally busy?" and more.
- Anyone Can Lead It! Easy-to-follow leader tips, preparation guides, and step-by-step instructions will give you the confidence to take a disciple or an entire group through the study!
Simple Biblical Foundations for Practical Solutions
Unlike other group studies available, this Hope for the Heart Bible Study is laid out in an easy-to-follow format with key principles straight from the Word of God. Relevant Scriptures are outlined and formatted to clearly give you a step-by-step roadmap to help you understand and find relief from stress, all while equipping you to lead others on the path to freedom!
- Summarizes Causes, Definitions, Characteristics, and Solutions
- Provides Clear Outlines, Key Points, and Scripture References
- Includes Reflection Questions and Space for Journaling
Easy-to-Understand Stress Relief Bible Study that Anyone Can Lead
Lead with ease using the step-by-step leader tips that help you set expectations, plan studies, facilitate participation, set time limits, and meet your goals. Each of the study's sections is clearly written and packed with simple explanations and definitions. Small pointers like thanking your group members for attending, respecting confidentiality, and setting aside time for prayer will make your small group a safe and nurturing place to grow and learn with even the most difficult topics.
Enjoy Having Bible-Based Advice on Stress Relief and Practical Steps
Are you stressed out and headed toward burnout? Stress can be a motivator or a taskmaster. If left uncontrolled, it can rob you of your peace and cause you to wonderhow much longer can I keep this up? If so, like millions of people, you might be suffering from unhealthy levels of stress that could damage your health, soul, and spirit. With June Hunt's Hope for the Heart Bible Study, get equipped with the practical tools and Scriptures to regain control of your stress levels and experience the peace and joy God intends for you!
- 5 Definitions of Stress (with Scriptures & examples)
- The 5 Signs of Unhealthy Stress
- 5 Biblical Examples of Stress (with Scriptures)
- "4 Stages of Stress" — from positive stress to burnout
- "33 Signs of Stress" — to help you determine your level of stress
- "Checklist for Burnout" — including emotional, physical, and spiritual symptoms
- 7 Classic Causes of stress (with Scriptures)
- 8 Ways We Increase Stress - and how to stop!
- 4 Types of Situations That Cause Stress including life transitions (job hunting, marriage, etc.), daily hassles (losing keys, chores, etc.), internal factors (negative self-talk, unforgiveness, etc.), and compatibility conflicts (differing opinions about crowds, pressure, confrontation, etc.)
- "7 Steps to Conquering Stress" with Scripture
- "12 Lies That Increase Our Stress Levels" and the biblical truths to reverse them
- "12 Stress-Reducing Techniques" you can start immediately including healthy eating, prayer, journaling, and more!
- "3 Ways to Relieve Stress Overload"
1. Definitions of Stress
The Definitions section guides you into the topic by laying the foundation for a broad understanding from a biblical and relatable standpoint. Includes—
2. Characteristics of Stress
The Characteristics section spotlights various aspects that are often associated with stress, giving a deeper understanding to the topic.
3. Causes of Stress (Parts 1-2)
The Causes section identifies the physical, emotional, and spiritual sources of stress.
4. Biblical Steps to Solution (Parts 1-3)
The Steps to Solution sections provide action plans designed to help you—and help you help others—learn to handle stress from a scriptural point of view.
Each of the 4 sections is packed with reflection questions and space for note-taking to help you apply biblical concepts to your personal life and so you can start experiencing God's transformation today!
The Hope for the Heart Bible Studies are perfect for—
- Small group & Bible studies
- Sunday school
- Young adult and youth ministry
- Single parents groups
- Addiction & recovery programs
- Church giveaways
- and much more
About The Series▼▲
The Hope for the Heart Bible Study Series covers many day-to-day problems that Christians face. These 6 topical Bible studies with 6 sessions each, give biblical hope and practical help along life application and discussion questions.
Author and counselor, June Hunt founded Hope For The Heart, a ministry that changes lives with resources translated into 30+ languages on 6 continents. She hosts two national radio programs, including Hope In The Night, featuring live call-in counseling. Her 100-topic Biblical Counseling Library provides biblical hope and practical help for todays problems.
About the Series▼▲
The "Hope for the Heart Bible Study Series" covers many day-to-day problems that Christians face. These 6 topical Bible studies with 6 sessions each, give biblical hope and practical help along life application and discussion questions.