Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Hooked on Phonics' Learn to Read Program teaches kids the skills needed to become confident readers, giving them a foundation to build on through their education years and beyond. Utilizing video lessons, storybooks, a workbook, and reward stickers, children will gain not only an understanding of reading skills, but an appreciation for the joy that reading can bring. This Level 6 (Transitional Readers) edition for children in 1st grade teaches ending consonant blends er, -es, -ly, -ed, and -ing, decoding two-syllable words by breaking words into syllables, recognizing commonly used sight-words, and reading stories with purpose and understanding. Each lesson takes approximately 20 minutes; students watch a video on the DVD or online to learn each lesson's sounds and words, follow-up the DVD with workbook exercises and put together their new skills by reading a story in the reader.
This kit is the second half of the "Transitional Readers" level (Level 5 & Level 6) designed for first grade students (ages 6-7) .
Kit contents include:
- 4 original, illustrated storybooks.
- 1 workbook (Level 1)
- 1 DVD filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson.
- 1 sheet of stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success!
- An online component may be accessed; simply register, and you'll be able to access the videos online
Vendor: Hooked on Phonics
Publication Date: 2017
Series: Hooked on Phonics
- Level 1: Early Emergent Readers (Pre-K)
- Level 2: Early Emergent Readers (Pre-K)
- Level 3: Emergent Readers (Kindergarten)
- Level 4: Emergent Readers (Kindergarten)
- Level 5: Transitional Readers (First Grade)
- Level 6: Transitional Readers (First Grade)
- Level 7: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
- Level 8: Early Fluent Readers (Second Grade)
All 8 levels are available in the Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Kit
Designed to help your child learn the building blocks of reading, Learn to Read Level 6 covers:
- Level 5 Review
- Ending Consonant Blends Like "-ch," "-th," and "-es"
- Suffixes "-ing," "-er," "-ly," and "-ed"
- Two-Syllable Words
- 18 New Sight Words
This set includes:
- 3 Original Storybooks written to reinforce the skills your child learns in the program
- Chick-Chick the Ping-Pong Champ
- Over My Head
- The Case of the Missing Sandwich
- 1 Bonus Book, The Little Ghost, by the award-winning childrens book author Robert San Souci
- 1 Workbook that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 1 DVD filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life
- 1 Set of Stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success
- Video streaming online of all DVD content and additional bonus content on MyHOP (My.HookedonPhonics.com)
Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read uses a proven, simple, and fun method to give your child a strong foundation in phonics and reading skills.
- Learn: Your child learns to read new words by watching the videos and reading the workbook.
- Practice: Your child practices reading the new sound combinations and words in the workbook.
- Read: Your child puts it all together to read a great story.
- Celebrate: Celebrate success after each lesson and track your childs progress!