- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Hoodwinked equips mothers of all ages and stages to stop believing the destructive and divisive lies our current culture feeds them and start living the life-changing truths of Scripture. eBook Version.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2015
God, Grant Me Serenity: Devotional Prayers for Mothers - eBookRenae BrumbaughBarbour Publishing / 2015 / ePub$7.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 20% ($2.00)
Women are Scary: The Totally Awkward Adventure of Finding Mom Friends - eBookMelanie DaleZondervan / 2015 / ePub$1.994 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
Walking with God in the Season of Motherhood: An Eleven-Week Devotional Bible Study - eBookMelissa KrugerWaterBrook / 2015 / ePub$11.995 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
Who's the New Kid?: How an Ordinary Mom Helped Her Daughter Overcome Childhood Obesity - and You Can Too! - eBookHeidi Bond, Jenna GlatzerTyndale House / 2015 / ePub$9.69 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$14.99Save 35% ($5.30)
Moms have been hoodwinkedtricked into believing lies that keep them from not only enjoying motherhood, but forging friendships with other moms who might tackle the tasks of motherhood differently. Myths such as "Mothering is natural, easy, and instinctive" cause moms to feel like failures if they have questions or apprehensions in raising their kids. Operating from the premise that "The way I mother is the right (and only) way" puts up fences between moms instead of building bridges of encouragement between them. Lies such as "I am my childs choices" tempt moms to mistakenly believe that if their child makes a wrong choice then they, in turn, must be a bad mom.
In their encouraging "weve been there" style, Karen Ehman and Ruth Schwenk enable mothers to:
- Identify the ten myths of motherhood our current culture perpetuates
- Replace the lies with the truth of what God says in the Bible about mothering
- Acquire practical tools to help them form new and improved thought patterns and healthy behaviors
- Forge healthy, supportive relationships with other moms of all ages and stages
- Confidently embrace the calling of motherhood as they care for their families in their own unique way
A six-session video Bible study for group or individual use is also available.
Karen Ehman is a Proverbs 31 Ministries speaker, a New York Times bestselling author, and a writer for First 5, a Bible study app that reaches over 2 million people daily. She has written thirteen books including Let. It. Go., Keep It Shut, and Pressing Pause. Her passion is to help women to live their priorities as they reflect the gospel to a watching world. Married to her college sweetheart, Todd, and the mother of three, she enjoys antique hunting, cheering for the Detroit Tigers, and feeding the many people who gather around her kitchen island for a taste of Mama Karen's cooking. Connect with her at www.karenehman.com
Ruth Schwenk is the founder of The Better Mom, and along with her husband, Patrick, the creator of For the Family. She is a pastors wife, a mom of four energetic kids, a lover of coffee, and a dreamer of big dreams. She loves leading, speaking, and blogging. A graduate of Moody Bible Institute, Ruth is the coauthor of Hoodwinked and Pressing Pause. The Schwenks are the coauthors of For Better or for Kids. Ruth, Patrick, and their children live in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download >> eBooks
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships >> Family Life
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships >> Parenting
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Relationships >> Family Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Relationships >> Parenting
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Relationships
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues