Add To Cart
Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Leland Ryken provides a clear pathway to understanding the "Great Works" through this engaging series of short guidebooks. Beginning with "why the classics matter" and "how to read a story," readers will find a helpful path to reading and analyzing influential works in the Western canon. Evaluating the text from a distinctly Christian perspective, this guide to Homer's The Odyssey includes commentary, points out scriptural allusions and biblical subtext, summarizes the plot, and examines the mythological background of The Odyssey.
Christian Guide to the Classics books provide:
- An introduction to the author and work
- An explanation of the cultural context
- Published criticism
- Definitions of key literary terms
- Discussion questions
- Resources for further study
78 pages, softcover. High School-Adult.
Number of Pages: 96
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 8.25 X 5.25 (inches)|
Series: Christian Guides to the Classics
Homer's The Iliad and the Odyssey -audiobook on CDAlberto ManguelTantor Media Inc. / 2010 / Compact disc$16.49 Retail:
$29.99Save 45% ($13.50)
Leland Ryken (PhD, University of Oregon) served as professor of English at Wheaton College for nearly 50 years. He has authored or edited over fifty books, including The Word of God in English and A Complete Handbook of Literary Forms in the Bible. He is a frequent speaker at the Evangelical Theological Society's annual meetings and served as literary stylist for the English Standard Version Bible.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Language Arts
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Literature Study Guides
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Literature >> Poetry
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Language Arts >> Writing Subjects >> Poetry
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Poetry
We offer thousands of quality curricula, workbooks, and references to meet your homeschooling needs. To assist you in your choices, we have included the following symbol next to those materials that specifically reflect a Christian worldview.
If you have any questions about specific products, our knowledgeable Homeschool Specialists will be glad to help you. Just call us at 1-800-CHRISTIAN.