- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2015
The story of Nazi Germany is one of conflict between two saviors and two crosses.
"Deine Reich komme," Hitler prayed publicly"Thy Kingdom come." But to whose kingdom was he referring?
When Germany truly needed a savior, Adolf Hitler falsely assumed the role. He directed his countrymen to a cross, but he bent and hammered the true cross into a horrific substitute: a swastika.
Where was the church through all of this? With a few exceptions, the German church looked away while Hitler inflicted his "Final Solution" upon the Jews. Hitlers Cross is a chilling historical account of what happens when evil meets a silent, shrinking church, and an intriguing and convicting exposé of modern Americas own hidden crosses.
Erwin W. Lutzer extracts a number of lessons from this dark chapter in world history, such as:
- The dangers of confusing church and state
- The role of God in human tragedy
- The parameters of Satan's freedom
"I heard Erwin Lutzer's sermons on this book a long time ago and what he said about this topic is as relevant now as it is today. In taking the first amendment of the Constitution of the US and interpreting it as the freedom FROM religion, we have allowed our religious freedoms to be gutted. When Hitler came into power in Germany, he gutted the religious freedoms in the same way. As long as people followed in lock-step with his ideals, they were left alone; but if they pushed back in any capacity, they were singled out for his particular brand of torture and punishment.
Our government has made it so that any religion EXCEPT Christianity is acceptable, and is actually preferable. With the ACLU hunting for any sign of Christianity in public places and the interpretations of the laws being skewed against the Christians, we are entering an age very similar to the one that brought Hitler into power. Our political parties are all about what will gain the most for themselves instead of what is best for the people.
Lutzer makes the point that we, as Christians, have to stand up, put God first--above all other considerations, and take back the rights that are being dealt away like so many cards in a deck. As I read this today, I prayed that I would be found worthy to God, that I would be able to stand up despite any repercussions in my own life.
This is a FIVE STAR book that needs to be read by every student of history, by every Christian who truly wants to live for God, and by anyone who values the freedom to worship.
My thanks to Moody Publishers for allowing me to read and review this book."
Reviewed by Becky Guinn, NetGalley, Dec 3, 2015
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church History
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Bible Resources & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> History
- Download >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> Homeschool >> Type
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Church History
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Subjects
- Download >> eBooks >> Homeschool >> Type
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> Bible Resources & Curriculum >> Bible Subjects >> Church History
- Homeschool >> Subjects >> History >> History Subjects >> World War I & II
- Homeschool >> Type >> Download