A History of Prophecy in Israel, Revised and Enlarged - eBook
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 1996
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
RICHARD HOLTClovis, NMAge: 45-54Gender: male2 Stars Out Of 5This is mostly of interest to scholarsApril 26, 2011RICHARD HOLTClovis, NMAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 2Value: 3Meets Expectations: 2Blenkinsopp has written a work that is probably of great interest to scholars, but frankly not of interest to most others. There are some very helpful nuggets here and there, but the book is marred by the old source critical, redaction critical theories of the mid to late 20th century. This means that quite a bit of space is devoted to identifying sources within the Biblical texts, and then attempting to date those sources. It also involves an assumption of long editorial processes behind most of the OT books. These antiquated methods tend to encourage too much speculation and limit the value of an otherwise interesting work.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Major Prophets
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Minor Prophets
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies