A History of the Classical Greek World: 478 - 323 BC - eBook
Add To Cart
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2011
Thoroughly updated and revised, the second edition of thissuccessful and widely praised textbook offers an account of the‘classical’ period of Greek history, from the aftermathof the Persian Wars in 478 BC to the death of Alexander the Greatin 323 BC.
- Two important new chapters have been added, covering life andculture in the classical Greek world
- Features new pedagogical tools, including textboxes, and acomprehensive chronological table of the West, mainland Greece, andthe Aegean
- Enlarged and additional maps and illustrative material
- Covers the history of an important period, including: theflourishing of democracy in Athens; the Peloponnesian war, and theconquests of Alexander the Great
- Focuses on the evidence for the period, and how the evidenceis to be interpreted
P. J. Rhodes is Honorary Professor of Ancient History at theUniversity of Durham. He is the author of many books on Greekhistory, including The Athenian Boule (1972), ACommentary on the Aristotelian Athenaion Politeia (1981),Aristotle: The Athenian Constitution (1984), The Decreesof the Greek States (with D. M. Lewis, 1997) and GreekHistorical Inscriptions, 404–323 BC (with R. Osborne,2003). Most recently he has written the Introduction and Notes forThucydides: The Peloponnesian War (translated by M. Hammond,2009).
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲