Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Covering the entire history of Christian thought, this textbook provides all the material needed for a broad understanding of Christian theological development, from the earliest days of the church fathers right up to the present day. The book is ordered in four distinct periods including:
- the Patristic period
- the Middle Ages
- Renaissance, Reformation & post-Reformation period
- the Modern period
Readers are encouraged to to interact with the material through case studies and study questions at the end of each section which explore central themes, and primary texts are included to facilitate deeper understanding of the issues discussed.
Meeting the demand for a vibrant, chronological historical treatment of the subject, this authoritative and accessible volume is a welcome new addition of a bestselling textbook. Additional resources to support book are available at www.wiley.com/go/mcgrath.
Number of Pages: 328
|Publication Date: 2012|
Christian Theology: An Introduction, Fifth EditionAlister E. McGrathWiley / 2010 / Trade Paperback$45.99 Retail:
$54.95Save 16% ($8.96)
- A substantially updated new edition of this popular textbook exploring the entire history of Christian thought, written by the bestselling author and internationally-renowned theologian
- Features additional coverage of orthodox theology, the Holy Spirit, and medieval mysticism, alongside new sections on liberation, feminist, and Latino theologies, and on the global spread of Christianity
- Accessibly structured into four sections covering the Patristic period, the Middle Ages and Renaissance, the reformation and post-reformation eras, and the modern period spanning 1750 to the present day, addressing the key issues and people in each
- Includes case studies and primary readings at the end of each section, alongside comprehensive glossaries of key theologians, developments, and terminology
- Supported by additional resources available on publication at www.wiley.com/go/mcgrath
Alister E. McGrath is the Head of the Centre for Theology, Religion & Culture at King's College London, having previously been Professor of Historical Theology at the University of Oxford. He is one of the world's leading Protestant theologians and has long been involved in theological education. McGrath is also the author of some of the most widely used theology textbooks, including the bestselling Christian Theology: An Introduction (2010, Wiley-Blackwell), now in its fifth edition. He is in constant demand as a speaker at conferences throughout the world.
“HISTORICAL THEOLOGY is a great book for seminary students or any just interested in theology. McGrath covers a lot of material in a relatively short book, and he keeps it interesting throughout." (Tom-farr.blogspot.com, 1 August 2013)