Add To Cart
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Most approaches to historical theology follow Christian beliefs chronologically, discussing notable doctrinal developments for all areas of theology according to their historical appearance. And while this may be good history, it can make for confusing theology, with the classic theological loci scattered throughout various time periods, movements, and controversies.
The Historical Theology Pack by Gregg Allison offers students the opportunity to study the historical development of theology according to a topical-chronological arrangement, setting out the history of Christian doctrine one theological element at a time. Such an approach allows learners to concentrate on one tenet of Christian theology and its formulation in the early church, through the Middle Ages, Reformation, and post-Reformation era, and into the modern period.
The Historical Theology Pack includes:
- Historical Theology, a bestselling textbook arranged in a topical-chronological manner and including a generous mix of primary source material, citing the words of Cyprian, Augustine, Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, Barth, and others.
- Historical Theology Video Lectures, featuring a video lecture for each of the 33 chapters in the textbook
The Historical Theology Pack contains everything you need to gain an in-depth understanding of history of Christian doctrine, whether you are enrolled in a class or learning on your own.
Number of Pages: 784
|Publication Date: 2016|
The Doctrines That Divide: A Fresh Look at the Historical Doctrines That Separate ChristiansErwin LutzerKregel Publications / 2015 / Trade Paperback$10.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$16.99Save 38% ($6.50)
Gregg Allison (PhD) is Professor of Christian Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky where he teaches systematic theology. Previously he served on Cru staff at the University of Notre Dame and overseas in Italy and the Italian-speaking region of Switzerland. He is a pastor of Sojourn Community Church, and is the theological strategist for Sojourn Network, a church planting network of about thirty churches. He is the author of Historical Theology: An Introduction to Christian Doctrine; Sojourners and Strangers: The Doctrine of the Church; and Roman Catholic Theology and Practice: An Evangelical Assessment.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Doctrine Surveys & Studies
- Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology
- Books >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Doctrinal Theology >> Doctrine Surveys & Studies
- Books >> Theology >> Historical Theology