Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Reading Scripture from the Margins
- Subversive and Liberating Memories
- Liberating Truth
- Liberating Praxis
Number of Pages: 304
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2005
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)|
Manana Christian Theology from a Hispanic PerspectiveJusto L. GonzalezAbingdon Press / 1990 / Trade Paperback$19.79 Retail:
$21.99Save 10% ($2.20)
In this book Alvin Padilla, Roberto Goizueta, and Eldin Villafañe bring together an impressive array of Hispanic scholars from across the theological disciplines to articulate just such a comprehensive construction of Hispanic theology. Their purpose is to delineate the common elements in Hispanic biblical studies, theology, and ethics and to draw these together into a statement of what Hispanic theology has to say to the larger theological community, and to the church. To do so they organize their presentation around four theological streams that run through Hispanic theology:
* Reading Scripture from the Margins: The contributors will present a reading of the biblical text that incorporates into its interpretative methodology the experience of alienation and marginalization, the central feature of Hispanic sociohistorical reality.
* Subversive and Liberating Memories: The contributors discover the subversive and liberating stories and voices within the Christian tradition and demonstrate how the memory of these "liberate" Hispanics and others from contemporary oppression.
* Liberating Truth: The authors offer fresh perspective on theological truth, incorporating the distinctive Hispanic sources, locus, and expressions.
* Liberating Praxis: Drawing on current Hispanic religious experience (for example, spirituality, church life, and ministry), the authors reflect on the way Hispanic religious experience is changing and how it will change the landscape of Western Christianity in the 21st century.
Eldin Villafañe (Ph. D., Boston Univeristy) es ministro ordenado de las Asambleas de Dios y profesor de ética social cristiana en el; Gordon-conwell Theological Seminary, Boston. Villafañe (con Harvey Cox) ofreció el primer curso sobre el pentecostalismo en Harvard Divinity School en 1992. Entre sus libros se encuentran El Espíritu Liberador, Fe, Espiritualidad y Justicia y, su obra más reciente, Beyond Cheap Grace: A Call to Radical Discipleship, Incarnation, and Justice.
Find Related Products▼▲
- Academic >> Church History >> American Religious History >> Latino American
- Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Theology Introductions
- Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Postmodern Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Hispanic/Latino Theology
- Books >> Church History >> American Religious History >> Latino American
- Books >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books >> Theology >> General Theology >> Theology Introductions
- Books >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Postmodern Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Hispanic/Latino Theology
- Spanish >> Academic
- Spanish >> Books >> Church History
- Spanish >> Books >> Theology