- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
As Governor of Arkansas, Mike Huckabee made remarkable and innovative changes. His ARKids First program led the nation in reducing the number of children without health care; his boat tour campaign helped pass an amendment to support conservation of Arkansas' vast natural parks, lakes, and rivers; and his Healthy Arkansas initiative, which gives incentives for people to make positive lifestyle changes, has been expanded into the national Healthy America initiative.
Now Governor Huckabee presents his prescription for America in the form of the twelve key things we need to STOP doing in order to become a stronger nation. Covering a range of controversial issues, Huckabee speaks out on:
- immigration and the shifts in America's job market
- the rising financial (and personal) costs of health care issues
- the need for music and the arts as part of our children's core education
- the mishandling of taxes.
- Having gone from the small town of Hope, Arkansas, to being chairman of the National Governors Association and influencing national policy, Mike Huckabee supports the American spirit of opportunity for all and believes every American can go From Hope to Higher Ground.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Center Street
Publication Date: 2007
inspiring word "hope,"
nationally recognized leader
and policy-maker Governor
Mike Huckabee points out that
progress for our country cannot
happen with the continued
bipartisan rift dividing it. He
taps into the fundamental core
of every American, confronting matters closest at hand with the
call for a critical change in perspective and a clear plan of action
that shows what we can become as a truly indivisible nation. The
governor presents 12 key things we need to STOP doing in order
to make America stronger, speaking out on immigration, the job
market, health care, education, and taxes, and provides practical
solutions that could bring our nation to higher ground.