Two Wars: One Hero's Fight on Two Fronts-Abroad and Within - eBook
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Buy in Bulk
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
* This product is available for purchase worldwide.
Army Ranger Nate Self recounts the Roberts Ridge Rescue mission, the ferocious battles in Afghanistan, and his personal war against post-traumatic stress disorder. Thousands of families are fighting this battle, and Nate opens up his whole life - tragedies, successes, failures, and struggle with suicidal thoughts - to share the facts and to show how his family and his faith pulled him through.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Tyndale House
Publication Date: 2011
In a nutshell:
- Excellent book for military familes trying to cope with the family pressures of a soldier's active duty.
- Inspirational book for a soldier struggling with post traumatic stress disorder .
- Helps readers understand the importance of faith in dealing with the war.
- An up-close-and-personal account of the war on terror; and the story of one soldiers faith.
- An insiders account of Roberts Ridge Rescue in Afghanistan.
of customers would recommend this product to a friend.
Page 1 of 1
Kevin5 Stars Out Of 5An open look at the heart of a warriorDecember 17, 2013KevinQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5There were two huge aspects I loved about this book.
First, as a man outside the military, I was shown what it was like to become a soldier and the bonds required to become a Ranger.
Second, the honesty of what the author went through after combat and what kept him stable was extremely humbling.
This was such a good read on its own but will be even more valuable if you know anyone currently or formerly in the military.
Brandon Davis5 Stars Out Of 5February 18, 2010Brandon DavisThis is definitely a must read for any American. Nate Self is a true patriot.
Debbie @ Genre Reviews5 Stars Out Of 5June 30, 2009Debbie @ Genre Reviews"Two Wars" is a military autobiography which impressed me with the astounding story and by the vivid writing. Nate Self describes the sights, sounds, smells, and feelings of what it's like to be in modern front-line combat.The story is fast-paced and interesting throughout. Once the Afghanistan battle began, the story was heart-pounding in intensity, and I read late into the night to finish the book. I had no trouble following the story or visualizing what was happening. The author describes the equipment, terrain, positions, and acronyms in the text. If you ever get confused (which I never did), some maps, pictures, and a glossary are included.The author is a Christian, but the focus of the book is not on his Christianity but on what he experienced. Most of the book has little mention of God, but the author does describe a few spiritual high-points and very low points. There was some cussing in the book, but it's written as "F--- that!" rather than spelled out. The potentially gory parts were not explicit and were usually glossed over. I'd recommend this excellent book to anyone who likes to read war stories, to anyone who wants to know what modern warfare is like, or to anyone who wants to understand why their family member has changed since coming back from a deployment.Different Time, Different Placehttp://differenttimedifferentplace.blogspot.com/
Rebecca Riordan5 Stars Out Of 5November 17, 2008Rebecca RiordanA great and heart tugging story. Great to read a book by my West Point classmate. We purchased the Book-on-CD as well and is great listening in the car.
Page 1 of 1
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Military Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Non-Fiction >> Biography >> Modern-Day Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> Patriotic
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational >> Inspiring Stories >> True Life
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Military Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Biography >> Modern-Day Biography
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Autobiography
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Military Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography >> Modern-Day Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Non-Fiction
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Inspirational