Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Books, eBooks & Audio
- Buy in Bulk
- Church & Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- Gift & Home
- Kids & Toys
- Last Chance Bargains
- Mega Fall Sale
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Streaming Video
- Sunday School
- Media Type▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 208
Publication Date: 1990
|Dimensions: 7.60 X 5.08 X 0.47 (inches)|
Series: Henry Huggins
For the well-meaning Henry Huggins, nothing ever works out quite as planned—including getting the bike of his dreams. Luckily his pal Beezus Quimby is there to help!
Henry's attempts at raising money for his bike fund keep falling flat. Selling bubble gum on the playground gets him in trouble with his teacher, and then Ribsy's nose for mischief almost ruins Henry's paper route. Even pesky little Ramona Quimby manages to get in the way of Henry's chance at a bike. But no matter what, Henry can always count on reliable Beezus to stick by his side.
Newbery Medal winner Beverly Cleary portrays a genuine friendship, while telling a very funny story boys and girls alike will enjoy.
Beverly Cleary is one of America's most beloved authors. As a child, she struggled with reading and writing. But by third grade, after spending much time in her public library in Portland, Oregon, she found her skills had greatly improved. Before long, her school librarian was saying that she should write children's books when she grew up.
Instead she became a librarian. When a young boy asked her, "Where are the books about kids like us?" she remembered her teacher's encouragement and was inspired to write the books she'd longed to read but couldn't find when she was younger. She based her funny stories on her own neighborhood experiences and the sort of children she knew. And so, the Klickitat Street gang was born!
Mrs. Cleary's books have earned her many prestigious awards, including the American Library Association's Laura Ingalls Wilder Award, presented to her in recognition of her lasting contribution to children's literature. Dear Mr. Henshaw won the Newbery Medal, and Ramona Quimby, Age 8 and Ramona and Her Father have been named Newbery Honor Books. Her characters, including Beezus and Ramona Quimby, Henry Huggins, and Ralph, the motorcycle-riding mouse, have delighted children for generations.
Jaqueline Rogers has been a professional children's book illustrator for more than twenty years and has worked on nearly one hundred children's books.
“A minor classic of a today’s Tom Sawyer”
“A very funny sequel to Henry Huggins”
“From his brief experience as a bubble-gum tycoon to the day he buys a bike at an auction, Henry (and Beezus) are at the center of hilarity.”
“Good news! Henry Huggins is back!”
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Animal Stories
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Classics
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Humor
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Children's Classics
- Homeschool >> Supplemental >> Books & Classic Literature >> Classics
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Children's Fiction >> Animal Stories
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Classics
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Humor