- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2015
When a low-income person asks your church for help, what do you do next?
God is extraordinarily generous, and our churches should be, too. Because poverty is complex, however, helping low-income people often requires going beyond meeting their material needs to holistically addressing the roots of their poverty.
But on a practical level, how do you move forward in walking with someone who approaches your church for financial help?
From the authors of When Helping Hurts comes Helping Without Hurting in Church Benevolence, a guidebook for church staff, deacons, or volunteers who work with low-income people.
Short and to the point, this tool provides foundational principles for poverty alleviation and then addresses practical matters, like:
- How to structure and focus your benevolence work
- How to respond to immediate needs while pursuing long-term solutions
- How to mobilize your church to walk with low-income people
With practical stories, forms, and tools for churches to use, Helping Without Hurting in Church Benevolence is an all-in-one guide for church leaders and laypeople who want to help the poor in ways that lead to lasting change.
DR. BRIAN FIKKERT is the Founder and Executive Director of the Chalmers Center at Covenant College, as well as a Professor of Economics and Community Development at Covenant College.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines >> Stewardship
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Church & Pastoral
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Spiritual Disciplines
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership >> Outreach >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Church Leadership