Add To Cart
Hebrew for Dummies, Paperback with CD-ROM
Add To Cart
Want to discover how to speak Hebrew? This easy-to-understand guide explains basic grammar and usage, covering everything from the alphabet and numbers to making small talk, planning a trip, and changing money. You'll also discover the basics of Hebrew blessings and prayer, as well as the significance of the holy days.
All this on the Audio CD:
- Pick up Hebrew the easy way through actual conversations
- Features dialogues by native Hebrew speakers
- Allows you to hear Hebrew as it's really spoken
- Reinforces lessons from the book
|Title: Hebrew for Dummies, Paperback with CD-ROM|
By: Jill Suzanne Jacobs
Number of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2003
|Dimensions: 9.5 X 7.5 (inches)|
Weight: 1 pound 4 ounces
Series: For Dummies
Stock No: WW554891
One of the most amazing things about Hebrew is that, in less than a century, it has gone from an ancient language of prayer and ritual spoken by a few holy men to a modern language of sunbathing, dining, going to the movies, and countless other everyday activities, spoken by millions. Modern Hebrew is a beautiful language, but for a native English speaker it can be tough wrapping your tongue around exotic expressions like "Haim Ayn Oogiyot?" ("What, no cookies?"). As with any language, the quickest way to master Hebrew basics is to immerse yourself in its sounds and rhythms. The next best thing to six months in Haifa, Hebrew For Dummies lets you do just that!
Whether you want to communicate with your Israeli cousins, understand Jewish prayers and sacred literature, impress your Jewish in-laws, or youre planning a trip to Israel, this book/audio package can help. In no time, youll:
- Master Hebrew sounds and rhythms
- Understand basic grammar and usage
- Get a handle on the Hebrew alphabet
- Make small-talk, and most everyday transactions
- Discover the basics of Hebrew blessings and prayer
- Gain insights into Hebrew culture and traditions
Each chapter of Hebrew For Dummies is organized around a specific set of activitiessuch as eating, traveling, shopping, and asking directionsand gives you the lowdown on all the Hebrew youll need to get by. Topics covered include:
- Eating, going shopping, having fun, sports, hobbies, talking on the phone, communicating around the office, and other everyday activities
- Hebrew for travelers, including transportation, hotels, money changing, asking directions, and handling emergencies
- Sacred Hebrew, including reading the Bible and prayer books, blessing formulas, sacred rites and services, and more
The enclosed audio CD lets you pick up Hebrew the easy waythrough actual conversations. It features:
- Dialogues by native Hebrew speakers
- Answers to the Fun & Games activities in the book
The fun, easy way to master basic Hebrew, this book will quickly get you on track with the language skills you need to speak and read Hebrew like a native.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
Ask a Question
What would you like to know about this product? Please enter your name, your email and your question regarding the product in the fields below, and we'll answer you in the next 24-48 hours.
If you need immediate assistance regarding this product or any other, please call 1-800-CHRISTIAN to speak directly with a customer service representative.