Add To Cart
Add To Cart
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Want to discover how to speak Hebrew? This easy-to-understand guide explains basic grammar and usage, covering everything from the alphabet and numbers to making small talk, planning a trip, and changing money. You'll also discover the basics of Hebrew blessings and prayer, as well as the significance of the holy days.
All this on the Audio CD:
- Pick up Hebrew the easy way through actual conversations
- Features dialogues by native Hebrew speakers
- Allows you to hear Hebrew as it's really spoken
- Reinforces lessons from the book
Number of Pages: 384
Publication Date: 2003
|Dimensions: 9.5 X 7.5 (inches)|
Series: For Dummies
Whether you want to communicate with your Israeli cousins, understand Jewish prayers and sacred literature, impress your Jewish in-laws, or you’re planning a trip to Israel, this book/audio package can help. In no time, you’ll:
- Master Hebrew sounds and rhythms
- Understand basic grammar and usage
- Get a handle on the Hebrew alphabet
- Make small-talk, and most everyday transactions
- Discover the basics of Hebrew blessings and prayer
- Gain insights into Hebrew culture and traditions
Each chapter of Hebrew For Dummies is organized around a specific set of activities—such as eating, traveling, shopping, and asking directions—and gives you the lowdown on all the Hebrew you’ll need to get by. Topics covered include:
- Eating, going shopping, having fun, sports, hobbies, talking on the phone, communicating around the office, and other everyday activities
- Hebrew for travelers, including transportation, hotels, money changing, asking directions, and handling emergencies
- Sacred Hebrew, including reading the Bible and prayer books, blessing formulas, sacred rites and services, and more
The enclosed audio CD let’s you pick up Hebrew the easy way—through actual conversations. It features:
- Dialogues by native Hebrew speakers
- Answers to the Fun & Games activities in the book
The fun, easy way to master basic Hebrew, this book will quickly get you on track with the language skills you need to speak and read Hebrew like a native.
Jill Suzanne Jacobs, MA, is a writer, Jewish educator, and part of the editorial team of MyJewishLearning.com. She has taught and helped create course materials for Hebrew and Jewish studies classes.
Larry CarlsonWausau WIAge: Over 65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Don't be mislead by title - this book is a gem.January 5, 2011Larry CarlsonWausau WIAge: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5There are many good books and programs available for learning Hebrew. All of them have some merit, but Hebrew For Dummies presents a great overview and will be used as the primary text in conjunction with other materials I have. The book would be more useful if it also presented the words and phrases in Hebrew characters to clarify spelling and pronunciation. A CD is provided as well. It would be helpful if it contained a searchable glossary in English and Hebrew text. I refrained from buying this text because of it's title - I was impressed with the presentation. Beside that got a great price.
Melinda Doljac4 Stars Out Of 5October 17, 2008Melinda DoljacThis was a VERY BIG help in teaching me to read and speak Hebrew. The CD is very helpful. I highly recomend it to anyone who is seeking to learn the wonderful language.