Add To Cart
|Title: One Big Heart: A Celebration of Being More Alike than Different|
By: Linsey Davis
Illustrated By: Lucy Fleming
Number of Pages: 32
|Publication Date: 2019|
Dimensions: 9.00 X 10.80 (inches)
Weight: 1 pound
Stock No: WW767857
A culture-rich picture book that proudly showcases the beauty of diversity while also celebrating all the wonderful things we have in common.
From skin, hair, and eyes in a multitude of colors to different personalities and interests, God gave us all special traits and characteristics that make us uniquely ourselves. And we all have things in common too: like sharing fun and laughter on the playground, a sense of curiosity, big feelings, and so many other things that show how we are all more alike than we are different.
Ready to celebrate all our likes and differences? So are we! And this diverse picture bookdrenched in color and full of laughter and funwill show you how.
One Big Heart is:
- Written by Emmy-winning ABC News correspondent and The World Is Awake author Linsey Davis
- A multiethnic, multicultural, multiracial childrens picture book that recognizes our unique differences while celebrating how alike we are as well
- An inspiring story of inclusion and connection
- Written from a Christian worldview
- The perfect read-aloud for kids ages 48
Lucy Fleming has been an avid doodler and bookworm since early childhood. Drawing always seemed like so much fun, but she never dreamed it could be a full-time job! She studied art and practiced drawing every day, and in no time, she went on to graduate from the University of Lincoln (UK), having specialized in illustration. She leapt straight into a career as a professional childrens book illustrator and hasnt looked back since. She lives and works in a small town in England, surrounded by farmland and trees and accompanied by a little, black cat. When not at her desk, she prefers nothing more than to be outdoors in the sunshine with a hot cup of tea.
Awarded Outreach Magazine's 'Best Books of the Year -- Resource of the Year -- Kids and amp; Youth Category' March 2020
Named Plugged In Magazine's 'Top 10 Family-Friendly Picture Books from 2019'
Named Risen Magazine's '8 Titles for Toddlers to Tweens During Quarantine'
Listed as ChristianBestsellerList.com (ECPA) 'Notable Christian Children's Books by Authors of Color' July 2020
Emmy Award-winning journalist, Linsey Davis writes an easy-to-read children's book that emphasizes unity and connection with others. Through vibrant and playful illustrations, One Big Heart celebrates our differences but also emphasizes what unites us--such as emotions, imagination and compassion. No matter a child's color or size, everyone can relate to this multicultural picture book that showcases the beauty of finding common ground in diversity. How this book helps readers: One Big Heart is a joyous celebration of diversity as well as the many wonderful ways we're more alike than different.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Character
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Character
- Kids & Toys >> Children's Books >> Character & Social Skills >> Friendship/Relationships