- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: William Morrow
Publication Date: 2012
We all want our children to be fit and healthy, but the current invasion of fast food, sugary snacks, and oversize portions are creating an epidemic of overweight, inactive, and unhealthy kids. The powerful influences of the fast-food industry, omnipresent junk food advertising, and the vicious cycle of TV, computer games, and Internet addictions only make our children more susceptible to a sedentary lifestyle and a lifetime of bad habits and obesity. Now, health pioneer and dedicated mom Marilu Henner says it's time to say good-bye to sugarcoated cereals, artificially colored cheese puffs, oceans of sugary soft drinks, nutritionally deficient school lunches, and fastfood supermeals!
As Marilu explains, parents who want the best for their children need to feed them fresh, whole foods to grow by. In Healthy Kids she shows you how to create a healthy, balanced lifestyle for your kids and how to make the transition from dairy-, fat-, sugar-, and chemical-laden foods to the vibrant, natural, nourishing foods we were all meant to eat.
Healthy Kids offers a proven plan to help parents and kids alike learn to eat healthier and feel better. Inspiring and enjoyable to read, it features:
- More than 100 mouthwatering recipes your children will love
- Helpful, creative suggestions on getting your child into the habit of exercise
- Scores of tips on transitioning from dead food to live food
- A special For Kids Only section with fabulous food-based puzzles, games, and challenges
- Age-specific recommendations for what foods your children might like
- Timesaving shopping lists and helpful food preparation charts
- Expert advice from pediatricians, physical trainers, teachers, and expert nutritionists on all aspects of nourishing your family
As Marilu says, Healthy Food = Healthy Children. And Healthy Kids provides the essential information on creating a lifetime of nutritional eating habits for your growing children.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Family Health
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Family >> Parenting >> Infant & Toddler Care
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Family Health
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting >> Infant & Toddler Care
- Crafts & Recreation >> Cooking >> Special Diet
- Download >> eBooks >> Family >> Parenting