The "founding fathers" of babyganics, the much-loved brand of baby-safe household and body care products, share some surprising news: "Green" isnt necessarily baby-safe. But heres the good news: Whats safe and good for a baby is always good for the planet. Its a simple change in perspective, and everybody wins! Now these authors have written a vital guide to creating a baby-safe home, diet, and environment thats healthy and happy for your new family.
When a new baby comes home, you suddenly start paying close attention to everything he touches and everything that touches him. From cleaning your floors and countertops to giving a bath or applying sunscreen to grooming your petsnow that a babys involved, everything raises the same simple question: How safe is it for my family?
Kevin Schwartz and Keith Garber know babies. And they know safetyespecially when it comes to protecting, moisturizing, nourishing, and cleaning babies. In BabySafe in Seven Steps, theyve applied their family-tested and expert research to these seven critical categories:
• MOMMY DETOX: How to reduce exposure to additives, preservatives, and chemicals in food and beauty products while pregnantplus essential tips for safeguarding the nursery
• "CRIB" IMPROVEMENT: Heres help in identifying toxins under the sink, in the garage, or on the patioand how to mix your own DIY baby-safe cleaners
• PAMPERED BABIES: Advice on selecting the best diapers, soaps, shampoos, and laundry detergent for your little one
• PLAYING SAFE: How to avoid PVCs in toys, understand "choking hazard" warnings, and ensure that rattles, teething rings, and other gear are safe
• FAMILY FOOD FUN: Helpful hints for choosing, cooking, and storing the most nutritious snacks, meals, and treats
• FUR BABIES MATTER, TOO: Learn the baby-safe ways to groom, bathe, and play with your pets
• WORLD-PROOFING: How to fertilize your lawn without pesticides, keep bugs away naturally, protect baby skin from the sun, and prepare for dirty parks, playrooms, and changing stations.
These seven steps make it easy and affordable to create an environment that will allow your baby to develop and explore freely and safelyso that you can relax and enjoy every special moment!
Kevin Schwartz and Keith Garber founded BabyGanics with a mission: to help parents create a world where their babies are free to live, grow, and thrive in a safe and healthy environment. With this vision they created a baby-safe brandan ecosystem of innovative, nontoxic, nourishing, hardworking cleaning and skin care products. They both live on Long Island, New York, with their families (wives, children, pets) in baby-safe homes of their own.
Samantha Rose is the co-author of numerous health and wellness, lifestyle, and prescriptive how-to books, as well as the author (under a pseudonym) of The Package Deal, which was a national bestseller. She lives in Petaluma, California, with her family.