- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
"What I hope the reader will take away from this collection is the deeply held belief that the issue of healing permeates our relationship with God at almost every level. The body that God has given us is more than an empty shell that holds our spirit. The body is instead an integral part of the relationship we have with the Creator. When it is broken or diseased, the spirit suffers. When the spirit is bruised, the body is disturbed. Healing is a daily process that teaches us to be more fully in communion with God. Healing must not be relegated to the physicians and the healthcare system. Instead, the faith community is expected to make healing a central issue in all matters of hope, love, and compassion. The common thread through each sermon is this very notion. Healing is a process, which seeks to make us whole, and our relationship with God is, in part, dependent on healing continually taking place."
---G. Scott Morris, MD, from the Introduction
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2011
This is a collection of sermons which explores Christian understandings of healing, wholeness, and restoration. Among the contributors are Walter Brueggemann, Barbara Brown Taylor, Maxie Dunnam, Barbara Lundblad, William Sloane Coffin, and Reginald Mallett.
The editor of the volume, G. Scott Morris, is a physician and an elder in The United Methodist Church. He is founder and executive director of the Church Health Center in Memphis, Tennessee, the largest faith-based, not-for-profit primary health clinic in America.
Ask a Question▼▲
Find Related Products▼▲
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Gifts >> Healing
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Books, eBooks & Audio >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Gifts
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit